"Animal models were used to show reduced skeletal and cardiac muscle contractions after exposure to triclosan a chemical commonly found in hand soaps (among other household products) has been found to be harmful to both humans and the environment.
Wintek, who supplies touchscreen components to Apple for the iPhone and iPod touch, just got “exposed” for “hazardous work conditions”. One of the most severe? N-hexane poisoning, which the company illegally used instead of alcohol to clean screens.
In August of 2009, 49 people were treated for N-hexane poisoning, with one dead. The BoingBoing post says that the worker died this weekend, so it seems like Wintek continued to use the same N-hexane even after they were punished from last year.
Copyright 2013 © Godem Online Inc. | Web and server solutions by NewTech Solutions.