You can use an old coffee can as a charcoal chimney. Beach first, and then beer at a great beer bar with more than 30 beers on tap. they even give tastes (Baskin Robins for adults). Burgers @ a great burger place. Then watch the fireworks. We live in NYC, and we can see the great fireworks display from our roof.
1. Don't use lighter fluid, or at least very little. I use a Charcoal Chimney. Get one!
2. Don't use Match Light
1 & 2 burns too fast for a slow cook.
3. Use Tin foil and don't cook directly over heat or flames. Needs to heat up and cook with the smoke.
4, low and slow is the way to go
5. Pork starts to cook at 160F, you need to take it to 200F slow as possible. Use Temp Probes!
6. Dry Rub at least 2 hours before. Try using Weber Smokey Mesquite Seasoning.
7. Do not add BBQ until 15 min near the end.
8. If you can't cook it that long.. run out of coals or gas. Just get it golden brown on the outside and take it to the oven inside for a low slow cook.
9. My BBQ sauce is my secret, to the gave it will go with me! But I'll share this Tip! The secrete to any good BBQ sauce is molasses. At the store look on the back of the label and see if there is at least some molasses in there.
10. Soak wood chips in water for hours, do this before cooking and rap it in tinfoil to smoke with your cooking meats.