Worker Dies From N-hexane Poisoning

Tagged: ipod, Poisoning, Computer Hardware
Source: Gizmodo - Read the full article
Posted: 4 years 31 weeks ago

Wintek, who supplies touchscreen components to Apple for the iPhone and iPod touch, just got “exposed” for “hazardous work conditions”. One of the most severe? N-hexane poisoning, which the company illegally used instead of alcohol to clean screens.

In August of 2009, 49 people were treated for N-hexane poisoning, with one dead. The BoingBoing post says that the worker died this weekend, so it seems like Wintek continued to use the same N-hexane even after they were punished from last year.

 

Comments

Tiv
Tiv's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/12/2009
Posts: 3584

The all mighty dollar proves to be worth more than our lives.

I sleep fine at night knowing we are banning people who deserve it.  Tivon
Don't test my skills, I was trained by myself! Check out my Gaming Videos!