Tagged: dedicated server, DirectX10, first-person shooter, FPS, Futuremark Games Studio, multiplayer, NVIDIA TWIMTBP, PC, Shattered Horizon, video game, Windows 7, zero gravity, Press Releases
Source: Futuremark Games Studio - Read the full article
Posted: 5 years 13 weeks ago
Helsinki, Finland –December 3, 2009 - Futuremark® Games Studio today
released the dedicated server for Shattered Horizon™, their multiplayer
first-person shooter played in zero gravity. With dedicated servers PC
gamers can choose how they want to play Shattered Horizon and who they
want to play with, giving them greater protection from cheats, hackers
and griefers and more control over the game's settings.
The release of the dedicated server was accompanied by a minor game
update and a new bundle offer from the Futuremark Store that includes
Shattered Horizon and 3DMark Vantage Advanced Edition (Futuremark’s
DirectX 10 gaming benchmark) together for only $29.95 / €24.95.
"PC gamers expect dedicated servers in a multiplayer game," said Jaakko
Haapasalo, producer. "We have been working closely with selected hosting
partners to ensure that the Shattered Horizon dedicated server includes
the features that are most important to our community."
Dedicated server features
* GUI for creating custom level rotations, game settings and player
* Custom server name, graphic and information URL.
* Optional password protection for private matches.
* Remote admin console accessible within Shattered Horizon game
* Configurable auto-team balancing.
* Configurable auto-kick / ban for team-killers and high-ping
* Built-in anti-cheat detection with configurable auto-kick / ban.
* Admin manual kick / ban.
* Support for VAC.
* Registered servers can submit player stats and achievements to
the official leaderboards (registration is optional and free).
* LAN game support.
* Supported operating systems: Windows XP, Windows Server 2003,
Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008. Note, DirectX 10 is
not required for running a Shattered Horizon server.
Players and server hosting companies can download the Shattered Horizon
server files now from the "Tools" tab within Steam.
Shattered Horizon Update 126.96.36.199
The release of the server is accompanied by a minor game update.
* HUD: Ammo count is no longer shown in scoped mode when running
* HUD: When a player tries to capture a control point that is
blocked by an enemy player the word “Blocked” will appear on the HUD.
* HUD: Chat is now enabled during silent running or while EMPed.
* Network protocol updated to support new server features.
* Added console for remote server control.
* Added "rules" section to in-game server browser, so players can
choose servers with or without friendly fire or team auto-balancing for
* Server disconnect messages now include more information about the
reason for disconnection for example, kicked for cheating, team-killing
or high ping.
* Bug fix: Improved error handling during start-up logo videos.
About Shattered Horizon
Shattered Horizon is the innovative first game from Futuremark Games
Studio that immerses you in the cold reality of zero gravity combat in
* Multiplayer first-person shooter set in near-Earth space 40 years
* Experience intense zero gravity combat and complete freedom of
movement. Use your rocket pack to fly freely through space then land on
* Join your friends in action-packed 32 player battles fighting to
control hollowed-out asteroids, huge fragments of Moon rock and the
ruined remains of the International Space Station.
* Four more levels coming soon in the free Moonrise content pack.
Shattered Horizon requires DirectX 10, a DirectX 10 compatible video
card, and Windows Vista or Windows 7. There is no support for Windows
XP or DirectX 9. Suggested retail price: €19.95 / $19.95 / £14.95
Available now from Steam and the official website:
New offer from the Futuremark Store:
Shattered Horizon + 3DMark Vantage Advanced Edition value pack only
$29.95 / €24.95
Information for Editors
Shattered Horizon Press Kit: http://bit.ly/SH_Pre...
Trailers and screenshots: http://www.shattered...
Box art: http://bit.ly/SH_KeyArt
Copyright 2015 © Godem Online Inc. | Web and server solutions by NewTech Solutions.