URGENT: Major Flaw in Adobe Flash Player 11.3

4 replies [Last post]
eire1274
eire1274's picture

No sound after 11.3 update or latest Chrome update.

Not everyone will get this, and it seems to effect XP and Vista more often, though some folks with Windows 7 have seen this problem.

Since the 11.3 update, Chrome (which embeds the player) saw this first, and it then began showing up as the Adobe updater started bringing the update everywhere. Essentially, Flash Player looses it's ability to play sound, though video will play just fine. It does not affect HTML5 or Silverlight playback at all.

From Adobe: if you have experienced this flaw, go into your sound control panel, select the sound card with issues, and set it to 16-bit 44100Hz output. Anything higher (and many cards now go up to 96000Hz) will cause the software playback to fail and audio to fail to start.

No word from Adobe as to when this will be fixed, but I can say from experience, it sucks when your Audigy II suddenly can't play most of what you watch, like videos from 3dGameMan!

YouTube has opened up the HTML5 beta as a result of this issue (anyone can sign in now with HTML5 as the default) but videos with pop-ups, overlay ads, and captioning will still only come up in Flash format. Details here: http://www.youtube.com/html5

Nick McDermott

spawnkiller
spawnkiller's picture

i have update my chrome too and i don't have this problem on my machine, adobe work fine so maybe it's X86 or X64 related (i have X64 pro win7) or a sound card driver related, i don't know... (have a xonar DX and run it 24bit 96000khz and it works)

But i accord you it's really annoying, i can't see why Adobe as do an update and chrome too when they know that some people will have problem with there products... At least they should test with the 3 platform or maybe it's because windows 8 drivers aren't compatible with vista and XP ones ??

PS: if i hear anything i'll bump this post cause i think more people than just you will have this trouble...

Gaming PC: MSI Z77A-G45 ::: Intel Core I7 3770k @ 4.83Ghz ::: EVGA GTX680SC Signature ~1300mhz Boost/7122mhz ram ::: 16GB 4*4gb G.Skill 2240mhz CL10 ::: ASUS Xonar DX ::: Crucial M4 128gb (windows) + Intel 330 180gb (Steam games) + 1TB Caviar Black (storage) ::: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold M1000 ::: Antec P280 ::: Noctua NHU12P SE2 ::: ASUS VE247H ::: Logitech G510 ::: Cooler Master Storm Sentinel II ::: Logitech X530 ::: Steelseries Siberia V-2 Black & gold edition

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

eire1274
eire1274's picture

I'm reporting this as one of my machines ran into it (Vista 64-bit and Audigy 2), but also for the (at last count) 17 other people who have run into it that I've helped.

It turns out to be a bug in the low-latency support that was somehow missed during beta.

Here, more info from Adobe: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1026022?tstart=30

Nick McDermott

Tivon
Tivon's picture

There needs to be better alternatives to Java and Adobe Flash.
Flash 11.3 crashes: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/flash-113-crashes#w_step-1-uninstall-flash-11-3

° º ¤ ø . ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

Don't test my skills, I was trained by myself! Check out my Gaming Videos!

eire1274
eire1274's picture

HTML5, as soon as everyone gives up and starts going back to one code structure. Geez.

Remember when ANY browser could see ANY page? Then Flash, and Java, and JavaSCRIPT, and QuickTime extensions, and VLC, and and and... now HTML5 can do ALL of this stuff right off of the basic browser again, but we don't want to give up complexity.

Yeah, you are right in backtracking to older Flash builds, but unfortunately Chrome comes with one BUILT IN now (thanks, Google), and it's a nightmare to turn their build off and make it work correctly on the other.

Nick McDermott