Ubuntu 12.04 boot CD problem

5 replies [Last post]
Minde47

Hello,

I downloaded ubuntu 12.04 from ubuntu.com, exctracted the iso file and wrote everything to a CD with windows 7. The problem is that when I try to boot from a CD, it doesn't find ubuntu in it. I tried it on two diferent PCs. So the questions are:
1. Can I fix it somehow?
2. If not then mabey using some kind of program to burn ISO file to a CD would help, and not Windows burner?
3. Can you recomend free program for it? One time use.

Please don't ask why I want Linux based OS. Thank you.

Razear
Razear's picture

Did you make sure to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the first boot device is your optical drive?

Minde47

Ofcorse. First thing.

Razear
Razear's picture

Did you verify the integrity of the disc that you used to make sure that Ubuntu was written on it correctly? Have you also tried placing the OS on a USB thumb drive?

Minde47

Ok I solved the problem, you can't use windows 7 build in function to burn the disc. I used free sofware from the web and ubuntu booted up. I used freeISOburner.

giglebond

While using the CD people used to face problem related to the Cd packaging of the resources. In order to keep the data and the information securely you must keep the Cd properly by using the Cd packaging service. If can't find the Ubuntu in that CD then better to copy it once again. Keep it properly in a cover for future use. http://www.xpressdupes.com/cd-dvd-packaging/