Antec 900 mod ideas?

16 replies [Last post]
nick19268
nick19268's picture

Anyone have any ideas on how to mod my Antec 900 case? I haven't done any modding so I would want to do something easy to start off with. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Razear
Razear's picture

What about replacing the blue theme with a red one by putting red LED fans all around...or have you already done that in your avatar?

nick19268
nick19268's picture

I have done that already. That's my pc. All i can think of doing is makeing the inside black and flipping the power supply and drilling a hole in the bottom. But that is I guess too advanced for me because I want to do something that would be easy and would start me out and if I messed up the case it wouldn't look that bad. So any ideas?

massau

a paint job red stripes or so or another colour that fits good whit the red. shape examples tiger patten, cammo ,triangles + rectangles that's easier ,etc. maybe a larger picture of the case so we can see for some ideas for the case

Linseman
Linseman's picture

I like to cut out the rear 120mm fan grills. Did so on my Antec 200. It gives a bit better airflow, and less noise. Plus it gives you a feel for further cutting and modding of the case (w/o taking aim at a very noticeable area).

- Intel q6600 @ stock - GB EP35-DS3L s775
- 2x2GB Corsair XMS2 - 60GB Patriot SSD
- eVGA GTS250 512MB - Antec Solo + Earthwatts 430W PSU

nick19268
nick19268's picture

Great ideas everyone keep them coming. I might actually do the fan guard one. Here are some picture per massau's request.

350x223.5

223.5x350

223.5x350

4wsprelude

i really wanted a silverstone t fortress case but im too cheep to buy one so im going to mod my bros antec 900 case. I wanted a case with great cooling for my crxfire 4850s and quitness but i could not find what it was looking for. EIther its was a full size tower for massive hdd or it was too small for my Atx mobo. i turned it 90 degrees (just like the t fortress) as u can see and took off the top 200mill fan(i think) off and is going to put inside case. if u cut out alittle on the mobo tray then it will fit right in between the side panels. i still got 1 120mill fan running on the bottom of hdd cage and will put sound deadening materials on the side panels. my dvd-rw will be in the front(with the drive opening upwards) with a new front bezel from the same case. i hope two fans will be enough to cool my overclocked phenom 2 with cm hyper 212+. All i need now is time and paitence. ill paint it All black after i fit everything inside and the way i want. im a no nonsense guy and dont want any lights inside. hope itll work out.

parts inside case are my old pc parts.

WP_000129.jpg WP_000128.jpg WP_000127.jpg WP_000126.jpg
nick19268
nick19268's picture

Pretty cool but it looks a little top heavy. I hope the cooling works out for you.

4wsprelude

still busy right now with my car now that we have nice weather in MN. have kids family and work so no modding till i get free time.
its not that top heavy cuz the cage holders actually are heavy. im still using one cage with the fan. im still going to put some rubber feet under but this is supposedly a cheap mod so ill take more pics when done. voila see u guys in three months.

Randal Davis

you could maybe add a control panel in were the flat storage plate is on top, like a fan controller or a LCD touch screen fan controller.
add some single LEDS on that and add some wheels or led feet, pin spots above the dvd-roms, paint the dvd-rom face plates to match the inside of the case leds,

Randal Davis

4wsprelude, paint the inside of the case, that steel look kinda sucks.

nick19268
nick19268's picture

I might be thinking of replacing the rubber feet with some wheels or small castors. Also I might flip the power supply and bore a hole in the bottom for the fan.

4wsprelude

yeah after i cut everything and it fits im going to paint it all black but no leds for me. the feet are going to be a little high up so the fans can get some air. wanted this done quick but no time. still fixing my car. will post pictures after i install the front panel with the dvd drive.

nick19268
nick19268's picture

Well I cut the back fan grill and replaced it with a nice looking black grill. It increased airflow and it makes the case look so much. It also inspired me to do a few more mods to the case. I think I will be flipping the power supply and boring a hole in the bottom so i can have a nice chilly power supply as well as doing some cable management holes.

consus

idea's:
lightning bold/fire bolt. (at window, if you like mmo)
Army red digital camo. (to suite your color theme)
army stencil of online tag name.
carve in some stuff in the window, or all over the case. (like a river or something)
paint digital stuff coming out of the window (tron style suite's)
paint it like crysis 2 nano suite (max armor, with a blue or red tint to match theme)
paint ace of spades and some dieces (high roller/vegas tables style theme with red theme)

short fast brainstorm.
having a window removes many posebilties of modding. so all i can think of is painting, if you are on a budget. if you are not, you could just buy other cases.

nick19268
nick19268's picture

Well so far this is what I did to my case.

and I am planning on flipping the power supply and boring a hole in the bottom so the psu can breathe through the bottom and I will also be removing the hard drive cages and mounting the hard drives with brackets. I will be doing a ton of cable management holes and I will be painting the two vertical pieces that hold on the cd drive and the cages light blood red to match my neon. and the rest of the inside black and I may paint the outside a matching red. I will begin the mod when it starts to get warm and dry out when I have time to do all this. I will post pictures of my progress, I will keep you updated.

loudtrout

I normally don't Bump threads this old, however i thought anyone still doing stuff with Antec 900's would be interested...

On the front of the case is a small ANTEC logo, it is just an indentation of the plastic this is not painted at all. I thought it would be a good idea to "mod" it to have a white background.I got some masking tape and very sharp knife to cut the tape around the lettering, then i got some white nail polish and painted over it. here is the result.

CPU: Intel q8400 @ 3.2ghz oc'ed Case: Antec 900 mobo: MSI P35 Platinum
RAM: 4gb DDR2 800 SSD: corsair force 3 120gb storage: 2tb Seagate, 500Gb WD black
GPU: GTX 560 TI PSU: corsair TX 650