A4Tech X7 XL-750BK Gaming Mouse

6 replies [Last post]
Tiv
Tiv's picture

[WORK IN PROGRESS]

A4Tech X7 XL-750BK

Key Feature:

• 6 DPI-Shift Ability with LED Color Indicator(No Driver Required)The customizable “DPI Button” with Color Indicator” instantly shifts multiple sensitivity levels between 100 - 3600 dpi. The mouse gives you quick access from pixel-precise targeting to lightning-fast maneuvers without pausing the action.

• Speed Mouse Report Time up to 1ms with Full-speed USB Designed with extreme fast report time up to 1ms with Full-speed USB (Maximum 1000Hz reports/sec), The Mouse allows you to fight 8 times faster than an ordinary low speed USB mouse.

• Adjustable Mouse Key Response Time You can set mouse key responding time between 3-30ms. It not only extends the mouse key switch lifetime but also offers quick response over your opponents during the game play.

• Tailor-made Your Mouse and Dominate the Play. Instead of complex and repetitive mouse operations, you can tailor-made your mouse and perform any one-click game stunts to win the games effortlessly.

• On-board Memory Store your favorite macros in the 16K memory, and play on any other computers instantly. No driver is needed.

Features & Specifications:

• 4x3Fire Full Speed Laser Gaming Mouse (4 Times Faster with Full Speed USB)
  • Arm yourself with the powerful and patented 3xFire Button--rapidly fires 3 shots with just 1 click-increasing target accuracy.
  • 6 DPI Shift Ability with Color Indication 600-800-1200-1600-2000-3600DPI (NO DRIVER NEEDED!)
  • Intelligent 4th and 5th Buttons-Forward and Backward
  • Comfortable Thumb Rest Design-fit the shape of your hand,designed to rest your thumb
  • Designed with Extreme Fast Acceleration Up to 1000Hz Report Rate/Second ,4 Times Faster than the Normal USB Mouse.
  • Adjustable USB Report Rate: 125-250-500-1000Hz (USB Full Speed)
  • FPS: 7080 Frames / Second
  • Image Processing: 6.4 mega pixels / second
  • SPI Time: 1ms
  • Maximum Acceleration: 20g
  • Maximum Speed: 45 inches / second (Depending on surface)
  • Cable Length: 1.8 meters
  • Button Lifetime: 8,000,000 Clicks
  • Mouse Feet Lifetime: 250,000 meters
  • Big hand model: 4.78"(L)X2.70"(w)x1.55"(H)
  • Common hand model: 4.5"(L)X2.3"(w)X1.6"(H)

System Requirements:

• IBM or Compatible PC
  • Windows 2000/XP; MCE2005/XP(x64); 2003(x64)/Vista(x86)
  • USB Port

Package Contents:

• XL-750F Mouse
  • Smart-X7 Software (CD)
  • 8 replacement pads

The packaging is pretty good for a 20$ mouse plus shipping as it does not look cheap. I got this mouse at Directron.com and over there it said XL-750F in the title, but also that they would ship the latest version XL-750BK.

The Macro Manager is the stuff dreams are made of. As you can see here you can do anything with any button. The mouse has 16-bit of memory so that these options are stored in the mouse and you can take it to another computer and it works just the same. It's not my triple click button anymore, I'm working on a few other ideas for BFBC2. You can even change the color of the lights and make custom DPi speeds.

Final Thoughts:

The performance of this mouse is really good. However using Mouse Rate Checker it revealed that the max is really running at 500 Hz and not the 1000 Hz. I don't see any settings to change the pulling speed as listed on the webpage. That issue might be fixed with some sort of mouse speed hacking program. If you have the answer to this let me know!

To describe how a mouse at 500 Hz feels over that of your typical 125 Hz mouse. Well, it feels very smooth, precise and much more focused. This high pulling rate helps land those impossible reflex hits in first person shooter games. A gaming mouse alone could give you the edge and raise your KD Ratio over that of a slower mouse. It's okay with me that it runs at 500 Hz because at 1000 hz it will demand a lot more of the processor. For the mouse to report its position every 2 ms at a 500 Hz rate vs that of 1ms at 1000 Hz, it's not going to save you much in speed. 1000 Hz will also tax the CPU at almost twice the same load and it isn't constant, it bounces a lot. So IMHO 1000 Hz is really not worth it for most people and it could have a negative effect of reducing frame rates on some systems.

The design may not be to everyones taste, but I like it. Overall this mouse is kickass for the price.

*UPDATE*

1000Hz is possible!! Install the software provided on the CD. Right click the Oscar editor and select "report rate setting." A black windowed application will popup that says "Mouse Report Rate (MRR)" and gives the selection for 1000Hz. 

Pros:

• 8 replacement pads
  • Custom Macro Keys
  • Custom LED Colors
  • Fast
  • Solid Clicking
  • Perfect wheel movement
  • Low Cost
  • triple button is good for semi automatic guns
  • small (fits my fat stubby hands perfectly)

Cons:

• triple button might annoy some people
  • no left or right wheel tilt
  • small size (Some people like them bigger such as the Logitech G5 or GS)

Please Help Support 3dGameMan.com

Make a Donation

"We greatly appreciate and thank you for your support." ~Rodney Reynolds

If you wish to make a donation other than PayPal please send me an email: [email protected]

I sleep fine at night knowing we are banning people who deserve it.  Tivon
Don't test my skills, I was trained by myself! Check out my Gaming Videos!

Tiv
Tiv's picture

How to Increase USB Sample Rate in Windows Vista/7

mouserate.exe http://www.ngohq.com/attachments/news/1485d1228214980-how-to-increase-usb-sample-rate-in-windows-vista-7-mouserate.exe

dimr.exe http://www.ngohq.com/attachments/news/1487d1228215007-how-to-increase-usb-sample-rate-in-windows-vista-7-dimr.exe

hidusbf.zip http://www.ngohq.com/attachments/news/1954d1243462515-how-to-increase-usb-sample-rate-in-windows-vista-7-hidusbf.zip

The default 125Hz USB sample rate in Windows Vista and Windows 7 is not enough for today’s gamers and end-users. There are many USB sample rate patches out there, but none of them support Windows Vista and Windows 7, due to a new restricted driver signature enforcement feature. Now it is possible to use these patches - thanks to the latest version of our own Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider (DSEO) and SweetLow. These patches and our tool have been well tested, but I am not taking responsibility for any damages! Use it at your own risk.

The author of HIDUSBF (SweetLow) has released a new beta build of HIDUSBF’s 64-bit adding support for Windows 7 64-bit RC build. Therefore, I’ve updated the HIDUSBF package in this page and included the beta file. If you are using Windows 7 64-bit, make sure to download the updated version of HIDUSBF from the link below, the MD5 is: 403e0a3d0df0bee053fd197f503ada04.

1. Download Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider from this link.
2. Download HIDUSBF (attached below as hidusbf.zip).
3. Run Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider and choose Enable Test Mode.
4. Extract HIDUSBF to some folder, right click on HIDUSBF.inf and choose Install.
5. Run Setup.exe from HIDUSBF’s folder, check the Filter on Device box and select your desired sample rate.
6. Run Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider again, choose Sign a System file and insert full path to the installed HIDUSBF.sys file (For example: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\HIDUSBF.sys).
7. Restart your computer and enjoy.
8. Verify by using Mouse Rate or DirectInput Mouse Rate (attached below as mouserate.exe and dimr.exe)
9. If you would like to remove the test mode watermark, run Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider and choose Watermark removal.

That should do the trick. Remember! Use it at your own risk! Don't blame me if your motherboard explodes. But... I already tested it myself - with a lot of success, so you don't have any reason to worry about . If you would like to uninstall it, just right click on HIDUSBFU.inf, choose Install and disable test mode from Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider.

-------------------------

Okay. After researching and trying this for 3 days and ~12 hours, I've learned it only works for me if I don't use SetPoint drivers. I have only tested the latest 6.0 drivers but now that I have it working, I don't really want to find out if it works with others.

My system: Win7 Pro 64 bit, MX518 (SetPoint uninstalled)

My steps:
1) Reverse any steps you have taken from above if necessary to get your mouse and USB ports working again.
2) Uninstall Logitech SetPoint software
3) Go into Device Manager and for each HID-Compliant Mouse, go to driver tab, and uninstall driver
4) Your mouse will stop working
5) Unplug USB mouse, wait a couple of seconds, plug it back in
6) Check to make sure that HID-Compliant mouse is now installed again in device manager
7) Run DSEO, Enable Test Mode, exit DSEO, reboot
8) Run DSEO, Sign Driver (hidusbf.inf, ALL hidusbf.sys files in the hidusbf folders), exit DSEO, reboot
9) Rightclick hidusbf.inf, Install
10) Go to windows\system32\drivers and copy hidusbf.sys to windows\SysWOW64\drivers
11) Run DSEO, Sign Driver (hidusbf.sys from BOTH folders in step 10), exit DSEO, reboot
12) Run Setup from hidusbf
13) highlight mouse (hid-compliant), check filter box, set polling rate, EXIT PROGRAM (no need to install services, click on restart, etc)
14) Reboot
15) Run dimr or mouserate checker to ensure polling rate works

I'm confident you can get this to work without rebooting as often or having to sign every hidusbf.sys file in the hidusbf unzipped folder, but it the steps above worked for me so I just wanted to list the way I did it personally.

For the MX518, the 2 buttons for DPI changing still work (at least for me) in Windows 7. Make sure you push the top 1 a couple of times to get it to 1800 DPI.

If you want to remap the 2 thumb buttons, you can use X-Mouse:
http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/X...tonControl.htm

I haven't tried installing SetPoint 6.0 AFTER getting hidusbf to work but I'm pretty sure it will cause the filter to stop working and revert it back to 125Hz. I rummaged through the xml files in SetPoint and found out that Logitech has disabled the Report Rate on the MX518 and if you re-enable it and then try to raise it from 125Hz, they have hardcoded SetPoint to throw an error so it looks like they have specifically blocked overclocking the mouse report rate. I posted on their forums asking why they have done this.

*EDIT*
I got SetPoint 4.8 to work by adding the following steps:
1) Install SetPoint 4.8 64bit
2) Run hidusbf setup. Select G3/MX518 mouse. Enable filter, set polling rate. I clicked on Restart but I don't think it matters. Exit hidusbf.
3) I checked mouse rate and it was 125Hz.
4) Rebooted my PC and it was now 500Hz with SetPoint 4.8 installed and working.

-EpicNerd

-------------------------------

Everything works with Windows 7 x64 latest build. Here is inctruction with my comments

1. Download Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider (attached below as dseo13b.exe).
2. Download HIDUSBF (attached below as hidusbf.zip).
3. Run Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider and choose Enable Test Mode.
4. Extract HIDUSBF to some folder, right click on HIDUSBF.inf and choose Install.
5. Run Setup.exe from HIDUSBF’s folder, check the Filter on Device box and select your desired sample rate.

DO NOT CLICK INSTALL SERVICE !!

6. Run Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider again, choose Sign a System file and insert full path to the installed HIDUSBF.sys file

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\HIDUSBF.sys
do it again with
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Drivers\HIDUSBF.sys

7. Restart your computer and enjoy.

Mouse doesnt stop working .
If it helps please post comments in guestbook

-Anon

---------------------

Guys finally got it to work on Windows 7 64 bit after about 3 hrs.
So you follow most of allen's steps and then after u finish step 7 you need to go to C:Windows\System32\drivers\hidusbf.sys and paste it in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers

THEN you run dseo and sign a system file, first you do C:Windows\System32\drivers\hidusbf.sys and then do C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\hidusbf.sys

Then reboot and it should all be good

Then follow the steps
Posted by Allen on October 3rd, 2009, 01:11 PM
Updated version of install due MS updates and file extension problem.
01. Download Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider
02. Download hidusbf.zip and Extract HIDUSBF to that folder.
03. Run Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider(DSEO) and choose Enable Test
Mode.
04. Reboot
05. Run DSEO Sign the Hidusbf.INF before you install it. Maybe necessary to do
this with all versions of the Hidusb.sys in the patch.
06. Right click on HIDUSBF.inf and choose Install.(INF file extension must be
windows default. This is a common problem easy fix with reg file.)
07. Run Setup.exe from HIDUSBF’s folder, check the Filter on Device box and
select your desired sample rate click install service wait then click
restart.
08. Run mouserater and check polling rate.
09. Run DSEO, choose Sign a System file and insert full path to the installed
HIDUSBF.sys file (For example: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\HIDUSBF.sys).
10. Restart your computer and enjoy.
11. If you would like to remove the test mode watermark, run Driver Signature

-sh4d0ws1nX

----------------------------

Just thought I'd share this information for those that want the full speed on their mouse in windows 7. I've got this to work on a MX510 at 500hz, but it didn't work on my XGBox Lazer mouse. If the mouse does not work it can be a pain to navigate windows and uninstall and reinstall the mouse in device manager.

Tiv
Tiv's picture

God forbid you have to do any of these tweaks to get your old mouse to run at a faster speed. After playing at 1000Hz for a while I've decided to lower it back down to 500Hz. It just seems more dialed in at 500Hz.

Nabiru
Nabiru's picture

how can i set a button to 180 degrades turn plss contact me on skype and tell me

toba_bogdan_cristian skype name

Tivon
Tivon's picture

Here is a users guide.. Read the bottom part of page 19.
http://www.produktinfo.conrad.com/datenblaetter/900000-924999/913838-an-01-en-A4_TECH_GAMING_MOUSE_XL_747H.pdf

Example 3: In the "First Person Shooter" game, 1 click to turn around 180 degrees

Step 1: From the “Oscar Main Menu”, select “Macro Manager” from the “Task Pull-down Menu” of designated

mouse button, then you'll see "Macro Manager Menu" pop up.

Oscar Main Menu, Macro Manager

Step 2: Input ”799” of coordinate value in “Mouse Relative Coordinate X Axis Box”.

>>Click “Plug In”.

Step 3: Select ”mSec” of time unit in the “Time unit” >> Input”23” of time value in

“Time” box.

Step 4: Repeating three times from step 2 to step 3.

Step 5:Input ”500” of coordinate value in “Mouse Relative Coordinate X Axis Box”.

>>Click “Plug In”.

Step 6:Click “Plug in” in “Time Control Area” of “Macro Manager Menu”

Step 7:Input ”50” of coordinate value in “Mouse Relative Coordinate X Axis Box”.

>>Click “Plug In”

Step 8:Click “Plug in” in “Time Control Area” of “Macro Manager Menu”

Step 9: Now your editing area will look like this as figure 3 shows.

Step 10: Click the

Let’s check it in "First Person Shooter" game practically:

In the real FPS shooting games, in the circumstances that your opponents unexpected turn to, or show up on your

back, it will be almost impossible to instantly turn around and give them a shot. Or it requires a very high

performance mouse to perform “turn around” actions, but usually it is not fast enough to accomplish the “turn

around” action before your opponent starts to fire. This example demonstrates how powerful it is that it performs

automatically the continuous “turn around” actions in the sudden, while your opponents are not ready to give

you the fatal hits!

Benefits: This example shows how to perform the “turn around” action by just one click to the designated button,

and sustain your aiming point at the same level. The given “799” relative displacement value is due to, after in

practical testing, the games only response to the value less than the maximum horizontal display resolution. For

instance, this example is only applicable to the display resolution of 800x600 mode of your LCD display or

monitor, “Overflow” error may occur in case the value is out of your display boundary. Meanwhile, the time

interval is inserted between each action and the same action is repeated by 6 times, this is due to after practical

testing, we found the FPS games will not properly response for the time interval shorter than 20 ms.

Fig.3

>>Click “Plug In”. icon to save the setting.

° º ¤ ø . ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

Don't test my skills, I was trained by myself! Check out my Gaming Videos!

derricklyc

X7 is indeed a very good gaming mouse, i tried this for Counter Strike before,i works like a charm.

Tivon
Tivon's picture

It's a good mouse for Counter Strike. Wow, just noticed "2667 reads" :)