Hi, i'm looking to an upgrade and i was wondering if i should save and buy all parts for my next rig when i'll have 1000$ saved up for that (1-2 months max) or parts by parts over the time when they'll be in rebate ?
I'm looking for Mobo/CPU/RAM/GPU change as the rest is ok for now... So i'm looking toward a 3770k (i need the I7 as i render a lot of hd videos), a good mobo maybe in the 200$-250$ range and minimum 2*8gb of 1600mhz ram, the rest of cash will be spend on a new GPU (last upgrade i'll made as my 560 is plenty for now)
The build i'm looking for:
I7 3770k 330$
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H with the wi-fi 190$
Kingston hyperx KHX1600C10D3B1K2/16G 70$
Corsair H100 100$
GPU 670 or 7950 300$
Not a bad build. I personally like the Asus Z77 Pro better.
For gaming the 670 will be better.
For movie rendering a 7970/7950 will be better as long as the software is not Cuda.
In any case the 600 series sucks royally for compute work. They took that ability away from the cards. So, a pair of 570's for about the same money would be better for both jobs if you want to balance the machine a bit. If you want the CPU to do all the work the 670 will be the faster card for gaming and has better drivers to boot. To give you an idea on the AMD drivers, they just got them figured out for the 7000 series. Two months before we expect the 8000 series to start popping up.
Thx for the reply, i consider Gigabyte because i'm really satisfied as i was not expecting my current board to run that long without any problem and i had 4 ASUS board that failed on me (P4P800 E-DLX, P5KPL-CM, P5QPL-AM and even a Rampage Formula) and the gigabyte replace the Rampage when it was shipped to ASUS without any trouble and have about the same overclock (except it needed 1.55V Vcore and 1.40V PLL than on the rampage and my ram (4 sticks) doesn't run stable without 2.4V and 1.4V on the northbridge but it's still running a few years after at these settings...) So i'm still have a Rampage in my basement but i don't want to format, reinstall, etc... so i'm still running the Gigabyte mobo...
I was considering to keep my 560 (for physx) and maybe a 670, do you know if i can set the 560 to continue the computing ?? Btw, i use Corel Videostudio X5 and it support Open CL and Cuda so no problem here. I'm also using folding @ home when i'm not using my computer...
Anyway, would you buy some parts now or wait and buy all at the same time ??
If you can afford doing it all at once, just do it. No reason to wait unless the money is an issue. If you are waiting for the next best things, you will be waiting for ever. We are always a few months away from something. 8000 series from AMD in a couple months, 700 series from nVidia a couple months after that. Haswell from Intel comes about the same time as the nVidia cards. And the cycle goes on. I don't expect much of a gain with the 700 series. AMD has some catching up to do. Intel might be a big jump since it's a whole new architecture, but we don't really know yet.
With the rig you listed out you will be able to game for a 2-3 years with no issues. And at that point only a video card upgrade will be needed. CPU should last you about 5 years. Realistically. If you don't mind not playing at max settings you may be able to push things even longer barring any major part failures.
So do it, and enjoy.
Thx for the reply, so i think i'll buy the I7 with mobo and ram and in a couple of months i'll buy a new GPU in the series as the 560 is enough to game for now...
Best all around web browser IMO is Firefox and it's my main browser. Although, I also use Chrome which I really like and Safari. Have to try out Comodo Dragon.
Copyright 2014 © Godem Online Inc. | Web and server solutions by NewTech Solutions.