Will AMD release the HD 7000 series of g-cards and bulldozer at the same time?

3 replies [Last post]
bobthenailer

Bulldozer is due out in September
http://lenzfire.com/2011/07/amd-bulldozer-release-date-finalised-24475/

and the hd 7000 series (southern islands) graphics cards are due out in quarter 3 most likely
http://lenzfire.com/2010/11/amd-radeon-hd7000-series-release-date-79654/

All that new hardware makes me excited...I do need a new computer after all.

What are your thoughts on the next gen GPUs and CPUs from AMD?

bobthenailer

hd 7000 series... another link http://lenzfire.com/2011/08/amd-radeon-hd-7000-series-release-date-info-48814/
and it has pci express 3.0

Chibi-Taiga

well basicly its all i7/i5/i3 of intell with geforce cards , they are working smoother then amd/ati , there is more support for intell to, amd/ati drivers still are buggy, cards cant perform to the max with bugged drivers, ofcource amd is for the cheap performance but not the best, these are my thoughts about amd

i myself run an amd phenom 2 1090t 6core 3.2ghz
msi twinfroz ari 5830
gigabyte ud5 890 fx

but i can see the proformance difrents between amd and my asus notebook witch is an i5
if amd dont come up with a beter plan ppl might forget all about amd/ati, 2nd generation i3/i5/i7 are about the same price wave and prerform quite well, my next pc will be intel based since there is more choice, the assortiment is bigger , more motherboard with beter features compare to amd based once

but ok , the treath wasnt supposed to talk about this but about the ati 7*** series, my guess is i wont get it since the drivers are to buggy

eire1274
eire1274's picture

Chibi-Taiga wrote: well basicly its all i7/i5/i3 of intell with geforce cards , they are working smoother then amd/ati , there is more support for intell to,

How do you figure? Intel and AMD both release stable drivers, and the systems work very very well (I'm typing this to you on my main rig, AMD X2 and AMD video card) with no required maintenance, where nVidia seems to drop a new driver regularly that you HAVE TO INSTALL to correct issues that my driver from a year ago doesn't have happen. And how do you decide that Intel has more support, given that i64 is an adaptation of AMD64, which AMD launched to the market first?

Chibi-Taiga wrote: amd/ati drivers still are buggy, cards cant perform to the max with bugged drivers

What do you want, stability and a slight slowdown, or super fast and crashy? Again, I ask, because I spent most of last week debugging a LAN Party room because all of the machines (i7 with GTX590) were showing badly fragmented graphics on many games with the newest driver. I call that buggy, and I do not have that issue on my rigs I build with AMD cards.

Anyway, the HD 7xxx cards will most likely be released around the same time as the Opteron Bulldozer chips are released next month. The FX Bulldozers for desktops probably won't be out until middle to late October. Just wrote a few articles on this on a popular geek website (if you search you will find it, but for Rodney's sake I won't advertise).

Nick McDermott