In search for another Radeon HD 7870 Tahiti LE card

3 replies [Last post]
trixar

Does anyone know if I can pair Club 3D Radeon HD7870 XT jokerCard (Tahiti LE) with similar card from another manufacturer, for instance with PowerColor PCS+ HD7870 Myst. (Tahiti LE)? The thing is, I can no longer find Club 3D card on sale and Club 3D on their web site recommends a second HD7870 XT jokerCard or HD 7900 series graphics card. Actually, PowerColor has similar recommendation regarding their own Radeon HD7870 Tahiti LE card. So are they interchangeable?

Your opinion would be greatly appreciated.

eire1274
eire1274's picture

As long as they are the same GPU, and same memory amount and type (DDR, GDDR, and series), then you can pair different manufacturers together in Crossfire without any problem. But if one is using slower or older memory, or is at a different clock rate, the pair will slow down to that level.

Nick McDermott

Razear
Razear's picture

Old video, but still applicable. Applies to CF as well.

trixar

Thanks to everyone for their input and informative video. I believe the cards are identical. Besides brand logo they even look the same. Actually, HD7870 Tahiti LE was a limited edition manufactured under only few brands, Club 3D and PowerColor being two of them which, if I'm right, belong to the same TUL Corporation.