sapphire toxic hd 7970 vapor - ghz edition 3gb vs msi gtx 670 power edition (1080p)

6 replies [Last post]
iAmine

hey all ....i'm gonna build a new pc sow i need ur help

1+ toxic 7970 Ghz
1+ 670 power edition

spawnkiller
spawnkiller's picture

Hi, welcome to 3dGameMan.com ;) I presume that your question is in the title of your post as: should i pick the Toxic HD7970 VaporX or the MSI 670 Power Edition ?

I personnaly think that the Toxic 7970 will be a little faster than the 670 but not by much and not in all games so i think it's more a matter of brand preference that will help you to make a choice...

I love both brand but never owned a MSI card. However i had plenty of sapphire card in the past as a X850, a X1950, a HD3850 AGP and a 4670 PCI-e and a HD5750 to name a few and the x850 is still running in my p4 "server" and i sold the 3850 to a friend and it's running currently too... My 4670 unfortunatly died when my motherboard pci-e slot burn out and i sold the X1950 long time ago... The 5750 is still running strong with a 6770 bios as XP based gaming machine to play older games like the first starcraft, warcraft III and Age of empires 2...

Heard really good review about MSI's card too but never had the chance to own one...

I would go with the 7970 as the price just drops and will not drops in like 1 week from now and offer really good performance in all games and the difference with the 670 will be from 5-10% in all games and only by games preference cause some will favorise AMD and other NVIDIA...

Gaming PC: MSI Z77A-G45 ::: Intel Core I7 3770k @ 4.83Ghz ::: EVGA GTX680SC Signature ~1300mhz Boost/7122mhz ram ::: 16GB 4*4gb G.Skill 2240mhz CL10 ::: ASUS Xonar DX ::: Crucial M4 128gb (windows) + Intel 330 180gb (Steam games) + 1TB Caviar Black (storage) ::: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold M1000 ::: Antec P280 ::: Noctua NHU12P SE2 ::: ASUS VE247H ::: Logitech G510 ::: Cooler Master Storm Sentinel II ::: Logitech X530 ::: Steelseries Siberia V-2 Black & gold edition

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Prophet4NO1

From my experience, MSI has some of the best overclocking cards regardless of nVidia or AMD chips. The various top level versions with the custom PCB's and Twin Frozer coolers are great! With the two you are looking at I would personally get the 670. This go around AMD has hard a hard go of it. Lots of driver issues off and on for some folks. More than last gen. But, AMD has been getting battered pretty bad from a business standpoint. Executives and designers have been having a mass exodus and stocks have been plummeting all year. I have a feeling this trickles down to the software guys in the form of poor management and other issues. It all ties together pretty well. So, AMD may not be the best one to get for a while. Not till the company finds more stability.

iAmine

What about Physx and Fxaa ??

spawnkiller
spawnkiller's picture

Physx don't run on all games so it depends on what game you play or wanna play in the future, sure it's great but for game that support it and i only own 2 of them so no big deal at my eyes...

FXAA is really a great feature AA without performance lost (or not too much) but in the range of card you are checking, you can run MSAA without problem, FXAA is for lower card like my 560 that can't play bf3 max detail with all AA and AF maxed out... (sure you can enable this option too but you'll don't see the difference except in the framerate and in benchmarks and i don't think that will be by far as these 2 cards are really powerfull...)

Also i suggest you to check review and benchmarks of these cards... Check if you play some games that are tested with both cards and see whos the best in your case ;)
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7970-ghz-edition-review-benchmark,3232.html

iAmine

thnx.....i'm going for the amd then

spawnkiller
spawnkiller's picture

Good choice ;) that will be the same on my side if i simply had 4-500 bucks left ;)