PowerColor Radeon HD 7990 Devil 13

3 replies [Last post]
thedarkfade

Hey my fellow geeks, as you might or might not know, the Devil is here!!!!

It seems it's really a beast, according to the newegg video review and benchmark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za9iaEIOsoA&feature=plcp

However, according to ihatenvidia, a member of this forum, who is a computer hardware salesman, Powercolor has failure rate and poor customer service.

What do you guys think is it worth the money? Although I think I won't have that much money for this. :(

My Build:
Case: Xigmatek Asgard Pro Black Edition Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme 4
CPU: Intel 3rd Generation i5-3570 @ 4.2 Ghz Graphics Card: Asus HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5
RAM: Adata 4GB DDR3 1333 X 2

Prophet4NO1

I would hold off. Spend less and just get a pair of 680's or a pair of 7970 Ghz edition cards. As a sale's rep for Microcenter, that is my suggestion. If anything wait for Asus to bring a new Ares or Mars card to market. Same money and guaranteed to be a better card.

thedarkfade

Oh yeah, ASUS is probably going to have the same kind of thing soon.

Forgive me for being such an idiot, I didn't took aware of that. I still don't have much knowledge on computer hardware, since I just started looking into it for no more than 3 months. So I am still pretty much a noob. LOL

eire1274
eire1274's picture

I'd personally but the Sapphire (which is out now) or wait for HIS or Asus variation. I would also wait for it to be out for a bit and the price to settle. But not everyone can wait.

Nick McDermott