New Computer Acer Aspire V3-771G-9697 Notebook

3 replies [Last post]
cetus lupedus
cetus lupedus's picture

Hey everyone, its been a while lol. So anyways, I just bought a new computer. Its an Acer Aspire V3-771G-9697 Notebook, link bellow, Newegg has all the specs on it. And anyways, I was just wondering what you guys think of it? In my opinion its the best bang for buck that I could find. Laptops don't seem to get much better then this so I think I did good.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215409

There used to be a time when us gamers would say, go for a desktop if you want to game. We said that cause in order to get a laptop that could perform as good as a desktop gaming machine, we would have to have spent 5000 dollars on some Alienware computer. Now I think its safe to say that gaming laptops really woop that lama's butt (Anybody remember Winamp? LOL)

I have seen video proof on Youtube of this computer able to game on BF3 with ultra graphics settings. And since BF3 is the most intensive video game out today, that means that this computer should also play tomorrows next gen games at at least medium graphics settings so I am happy. The computer is arriving today BTW so I am totally phyced!

I will only use the built in keyboard and track pad when I travel with it though. At home I will be using a standard illuminated keyboard and a 22" Acer LCD monitor. Its better for gaming lol. And I also bought a new mouse to use with it, its a Logitech G700 wireless lazer gaming mouse. Link bellow...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104377

I also bought an OS upgrade disk for it to take it from Home Premium to Ultimate for some serious kick butt action Jk LOL. Hope you like my new computer, I can't wait to get it, feels like Christmas in September LOL!

Cetus

Acer Aspire V3-771G Notebook - Quad-core i7-2670QM 2.2 GHz - 8GB DDR3 MEM 2GB VID MEM - NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M - Screen 17.3" 1TB HD - Upgraded OS To 7-Ultimate

cetus lupedus
cetus lupedus's picture

Oh man, I guess I would have needed to get one of them alienware computers to get your guys's attention to reply lol.

I just wanted to update you guys on how my new computer is doing and what I think of it. The computer runs super smooth and boots into Windows in 30 seconds. I upgraded the OS to system 7 Ultimate to gain everything system 7 offers.

I can run games like Fear 3, Red Faction Armageddon, Cryostasis, Crysis, all on Ultra high settings with no frame rate. I like to get games when they come down in price and I looked it up and BF3 still costs 40 bucks so I am going to wait for it to come down to at least 25 dollars before I buy it but I have seen the computer run it on Ultra settings too on Youtube with slightly less hardware!

I honestly didn't expect too much from this computer since its a laptop but it has totally blown me away in what it can do. I have upgraded from a AMD 64-bit single core 3500 + desktop PC with an AMD A8V Deluxe motherboard, 4GB of upgraded installed memory and a ATI Radeon HD 4670 AGP video card and 200GB HD

I hear that Alienware is making computers for under 5000 now, but who wants to spend 3100 dollars on a computer that can game when one around 1000 can do the same thing? Anyways, hope you guys didn't think I was posting an add for this computer in my last message, I really am a real person lol.

spawnkiller
spawnkiller's picture

Yeah, sorry that nobody respond to you, i just see your post and decide to reply to encourage you to continue on this great forum ;)

I know 4670 AGP is old, but i've already own one of that sapphire card and love it too much with my old SL8K4 3.4ghz Prescott P4 @ 4.35ghz ;)

Anyway, to respond your initial question, for gaming presently, nobody have a real big deal, always some "M" graphics that are downgraded (much more energy efficient) GPU so VS a desktop, no laptop can keep it up... i think that's purely explain why nobody knows about this particuliar laptop ;)

For some gaming graded GPU, i suggest a minimum of a 660m or 7600+M series on AMD side cause as i see it, the 660m is pretty much a revamped 560 and slower than a real 660 or even a 650ti so if you want real 1080p or max details (you can max out detail but not in all games as the new games (ex: BF3) really benifit from a fastest GPU) Also, a minimum of 7200 rpm HDD please... really faster and by much !!! also, SSD, night and day with 7200 HDD even with 10k-15k Velociraptor...

Gaming PC: MSI Z77A-G45 ::: Intel Core I7 3770k @ 4.83Ghz ::: EVGA GTX680SC Signature ~1300mhz Boost/7122mhz ram ::: 16GB 4*4gb G.Skill 2240mhz CL10 ::: ASUS Xonar DX ::: Crucial M4 128gb (windows) + Intel 330 180gb (Steam games) + 1TB Caviar Black (storage) ::: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold M1000 ::: Antec P280 ::: Noctua NHU12P SE2 ::: ASUS VE247H ::: Logitech G510 ::: Cooler Master Storm Sentinel II ::: Logitech X530 ::: Steelseries Siberia V-2 Black & gold edition

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

cetus lupedus
cetus lupedus's picture

Thanks man I appreciate it!

Yeah I was a little turned off to be honest by the slower hard drive, and I really though 7200 RPM drives were standard since you always find them in desktops these days, if not 10,000 RPM drives. But the hard drive is upgradable in this laptop in that I can just pop it out and install a 7200 RPM drive, no big deal.

I also agree that graphics wise it doesn't have the best video card. But I have a feeling that its still faster then an older 4670 or even the 3850's cause you got to think, those older cards can only do direct X 9 at best. Where as the 640M is a direct X 11 certified card so even though its integrated, should prove out for at least 5-years. By that time it will be time to buy another new computer like one of them 8-cores, trouble is they cost too much right now those machines, thats why I elected to go with quad. But a quad core is a huge leap from a single core It ell yeah lol.