Is MSI HD6570 2gb compatible with AMD ddr2 motherboard??

5 replies [Last post]
jelius18

Is MSI HD6570 2gb compatible with AMD ddr2 motherboard?? pls help me,,,
as i know MSI HD6570 2gb is built in 2gb memnory RAM,, so if i have mother board with ddr2 memory card ,, it will be work or is it compatible?? please ans. =)

eire1274
eire1274's picture

Video card memory doesn't need to have any relationship to the system memory. Don't even think about it

What we need to know is what slot the motherboard has. Early versions of AMD chipsets (the heart of the motherboard) had a variety of slot options. AGP was very early on, and PCI express (PCI-e) replaced it, followed by PCI-e 2.0 around the time DDR3 started to take over.

Look at the slot nearest the CPU socket. It will be labeled AGP (or AGP 8X), or PCI express 16X.

AMD's HD6570 GPU will only be on PCI-e 2.0 16X cards designs, but this will work on motherboards with any PCI-e 16X slot, as the card and slot will auto-negotiate and are both backwards compatible.

If your system has an AGP slot, this card is incompatible. The last AMD GPU to offer AGP functions was the HD 4670, which is long out of production.

Nick McDermott

jelius18

eire1274 wrote:Video card memory doesn't need to have any relationship to the system memory. Don't even think about it

What we need to know is what slot the motherboard has. Early versions of AMD chipsets (the heart of the motherboard) had a variety of slot options. AGP was very early on, and PCI express (PCI-e) replaced it, followed by PCI-e 2.0 around the time DDR3 started to take over.

Look at the slot nearest the CPU socket. It will be labeled AGP (or AGP 8X), or PCI express 16X.

AMD's HD6570 GPU will only be on PCI-e 2.0 16X cards designs, but this will work on motherboards with any PCI-e 16X slot, as the card and slot will auto-negotiate and are both backwards compatible.

If your system has an AGP slot, this card is incompatible. The last AMD GPU to offer AGP functions was the HD 4670, which is long out of production.

thank you sir =)

jelius18

eire1274 wrote:Video card memory doesn't need to have any relationship to the system memory. Don't even think about it

thank you sir =)

jelius18

ahmm si,, is it compatible if i use a nvdia video card for my amd system??

eire1274
eire1274's picture

jelius18 wrote: ahmm si,, is it compatible if i use a nvdia video card for my amd system??

Nope, not at all! As long as the slots are compatible, no worries!

And you're welcome. That's why they keep me around!

Nick McDermott