Logitech G105, G110 and G510.

13 replies [Last post]
doggman
doggman's picture

Which of these keyboards are best for FPS. I don't need an LCD screen.

Auzzwald
Auzzwald's picture

If you're looking for a keyboard specifically for FPS games I would recommend the Corsair K60. It's competitive price range along with actually being cherry mx red key switched I would say make it a better option. Unless you're really heartset on have backlit keys then probably the g110

doggman
doggman's picture

At the moment, where I come from, the Logitech G105, G110 and G510, are cheaper than the K60, because the Logitech ones are on sale. The g510 at the moment where I come from is significantly cheaper than the Corsair K60. About 100 dollars cheaper. So, my question is, is there any real significance between the g105, g110 and the g510?

marijanovic
marijanovic's picture

Go 4 a mechanical keyboard if you can, something like a SteelSeries 6Gv2 if you can.

[center]My YT chanel | My PC | My Laptop | Mob: Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830

Tangel

Another vote for any mechanical keyboard! I've got a Deck Legend and it's worth every dime. Not only does it hold up over the years, but if I every have to, it's easy to work on if I ever have a spill or some such.

The Logitech's look cool, but if you are a keyboard pounder of any sort, you might burn right through it in a year or two.

doggman
doggman's picture

Wait... So let me get this straight. A mechanical keyboard is a more accurate but loud keyboard right? But it is the best sort of keyboard for gamers if you don't car about sound to much? Someone, correct me it im wrong. What other sorts of keyboards are there? Is mechanical the best sort of gaming keyboard?

marijanovic
marijanovic's picture

Mechanical is the best for typing (gaming, programming, ...).
Not all mechanical switches are loud; you have Cherry Black, Blue, Red & Brown.
Some are louder, some are queit etc...
Mechanical keyboard guide: http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide

doggman
doggman's picture

In the store in my area, the cheapest mechanical keyboard is more than 120 dollars. Is it worth buying mechanical over a logitech G110? In my area, the G110 is about 60 dollars on sale.

marijanovic
marijanovic's picture

It is worth. A mechanical keyboard serves you a lifetime.

3dGameMan
3dGameMan's picture

I'm still using a so-called standard keyboard, which is fine for most ;)

Rodney Reynolds,
Register: http://www.3dgameman.com/user/register

eire1274
eire1274's picture

Another vote for a mechanical keyboard. They tend to last, and, yes, I am a key killer. I gotta have TOUGH STUFF!!!

Nick McDermott

ihatenvidia

+1 to mechanical keyboard, I don't own one but I have tried out the razer black widow and the response time is just amazing, your typing and gaming performance will definitely improve but I suggest looking at other brands if you want something quieter since the razer makes a noticeable amount of noise, but if you can interpret it differently like I do (like I find the clicking sound just that much cooler) then its a good choice due to its macro buttons and lighting feature.

doggman
doggman's picture

What about the ThermalTake Meka-G1?

marijanovic
marijanovic's picture

It is mechanical with Cherry Black switches, a good keyboard.