Inno3D GTX670 iChill Release date?

16 replies [Last post]
thedarkfade

Hey my fellow geeks,

Just as the title, when will it be out?
Or is it already out?

However the silvery appearance don't look too appealing to me, I'm just looking forward its performance cause it "looks" very good at cooling.

Does anyone have a Inno3D card, does it cool well?

Any useful comments are appreciated, thanks a lot.

My Build:
Case: Xigmatek Asgard Pro Black Edition Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme 4
CPU: Intel 3rd Generation i5-3570 @ 4.2 Ghz Graphics Card: Asus HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5
RAM: Adata 4GB DDR3 1333 X 2

spawnkiller
spawnkiller's picture

doesn't even know about "Inno3D GPU" so i'm not even able to rate the cooling solution but at first look, it score even with a 680 and even faster !!! Simply WOW !!! I don't know when it'll come on market but i'm surely will take a look at prices for that piece of candy !!!

Gaming PC: MSI Z77A-G45 ::: Intel Core I7 3770k @ 4.83Ghz ::: EVGA GTX680SC Signature ~1300mhz Boost/7122mhz ram ::: 16GB 4*4gb G.Skill 2240mhz CL10 ::: ASUS Xonar DX ::: Crucial M4 128gb (windows) + Intel 330 180gb (Steam games) + 1TB Caviar Black (storage) ::: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold M1000 ::: Antec P280 ::: Noctua NHU12P SE2 ::: ASUS VE247H ::: Logitech G510 ::: Cooler Master Storm Sentinel II ::: Logitech X530 ::: Steelseries Siberia V-2 Black & gold edition

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Prophet4NO1

Never heard of them, but since the 670 is already almost half way through it's expected life, I would imagine they are out.

thedarkfade

I can't find any reviews about this product, so I assume it haven't come out yet.

Prophet4NO1

I am sure they are out. Like I said, the 600 series is nearing end of life with the 700 series this spring. There is nothing special about these cards aside from the cooler. All the other makers have their cards out ad are already pushing out revamped or custom versions. If they have nothing out, they will not sell any. My guess is they sell in a market you are not in.

thedarkfade

I know I can get it in my town, just wanna see if it will be a better GTX 670, so I am looking for reviews of the product.

Anyways, thanks for the comments.

ihatenvidia

Just to set up your expectations right. I worked in a computer store before as a salesman and inno3d could be the worst brand of video card you can buy. We get a lot of complain and return for this brand. Their fans suddenly just dies and they don't live longer compared to brands like asus msi or gigabyte.

thedarkfade

So the conclusion is not to buy it right???

Thanks,then which GTX670 should I get (the 4GB ones)?

The EVGA FTW+?

ASUS DCII?

Galaxy GC?

or any other brands?

Thanks for any comments.

ihatenvidia

If you have the extra cash you should def go with EVGA FTW (customer service) or the Asus DC II non TOP. Top version has known issues. It may not be a popular brand but I also recommend Gainward for reliability. Best bang for the buck is GTX 670 AMP! but I think its discontinued might be due to the heatsink issue http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GTX_670_Amp_Edition/ You may also look at gigabyte windforce but I think the earlier batch has some known issues. MSI has also the same reliability with Asus IMO, twin frozr series are excellent. I can't give an opinion on Galaxy, we didn't carry that brand and never owned one. You may have to look for online reviews. Also, in case you decided to go with ATI, powercolor is one brand you should stay away from. High failure rate and poor customer service.

thedarkfade

Thanks for the highly-informative comments, ihatenvidia(?).

Does MSI GTX670 has a 4GB version? I did not know that, LOL.

I am not sure if I can get Gainward in my town, but I will surely consider it if I can get one, it just looks clean and decent, nice.

I am also curious why EVGA come out with so much different version of the same card, e.g. FTW, FTW+, Classified, etc. What does all those name means and what are their advantages?

Thanks again for the comments.

Prophet4NO1

The FTW cards are just the peak overclocked versions of the cads from EVGA. It goes stock, SC, SSC, FTW, FTW+. Once you get to Classified, they are the custom cards. These are built for high end overclocking. So if you plan to really push the OC hard, they are the better option. Otherwise, just get one of the others. They are not usually much faster than a FTW out of the box.

thedarkfade

Grateful for the reply, prophet.

What if I have a stock card with an Antec Hybrid Liquid cooler? Will this make it as overclockable as the classified?

3dGameMan
3dGameMan's picture

Inno3D sells in Europe, not North America. Why not go with EVGA, MSI, etc.. consider Gigabyte Wind Force 3.

Rodney Reynolds,
Register: http://www.3dgameman.com/user/register

thedarkfade

I am from Hong Kong and I know I can get a a Inno3D branded graphics card, but I would rather not get one as ihatenvidia refer it as "the worst band you can get", I won't risk it.

The Gigabyte Windforce 3's PCB don't look too cool for me, I would prefer a black PCB, as that will fit my black case.

Anyways, Thanks Rodney.

Prophet4NO1

The cooler is only one aspect of a high OC card. The really crazy ones like the Classified and MSI Lightning cards also have beefed up power delivery with custom heavy duty PCB's. Now, this only matters if you are going to push for crazy clocks. Like the Asus Matrix series. In reality, they are intended for the LN2 users. Not even air or water. I only know one person, personally, that even has a LN2 machine. You see him pop up on the top machines in the world lists on 3DMarks web site from time to time. Goes by the name DevilDog online. I like going heavy OC, but he buys the really crazy hardware, rips it apart, bolts LN2 pots on and goes big time.

The reality is you only need those crazy top end cards if you want to go nuts on the OC like my friend or want an e-penis extension in your specs list. That is all. Hence the reason I only have standard 680's for now. There is a bit of e-penis there, but I actually use all that to drive my screens.

thedarkfade

Prophet, thanks for the reply. However what do you mean as a "standard 680"? Do you mean the reference 680?

Prophet4NO1

Reference PCB. Custom coolers are always a nice thing. Well, almost always. lol