Hey all i am getting ready to build me a new system rreplacing my current 1st gem phenom 9550 quad core setup. I just wanted to get a few opinion's on this intel 2500k core i5. Now keep in mind this system will primarly be used for gaming and playing back movies....
ps would air cooling be desent on this setup as i plan to overclock it.. ty in advance for all responces
why gee thank's for nothing guys
i am just gonna be using a 550 gtx cause I mainly play wow and soon swtor
I have since updated the specs for my build to the following
1)MSI P67A-GD65 (B3)mother board
2)Intel Core i5-2500K cpu
3)CORSAIR CAFA50 cpu cooler
4)G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666
5)CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W powe supply for future expansion
6)MSI N550GTX-Ti Cyclone OC GeForce GTX 550 Ti video card
7)Western Digital Caviar Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
8)LG Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+R
9)Fractal Design Define R3 Black ATX Mid Tower Silent PC Computer Case
and a 22" monitor hope that vide card is enough power for a display that size ns exactly which one but i think i am going with an asus 22" quite possibly this asus on think below
Are you going to be over clocking if not just use the stock cpu cooler and get a gtx 560 ti twin frozor cooler. wow is now a demanding game.
yes i am going to overclock and thanks for the responce but i read the twin frozer has a magor glitch with this mb don't get me wrong i was going to get a gold edition twin frozer i love the look of that card
For gaming and video playback you would never need 8 GB of RAM. Save some money there, anything above 4GB is really overkill.
This system will be a great upgrade from your Phenom 9550 though.
With the price of ram these days, I think it should be fine to have 4gb+ of memory, especially 2x4gb DIMMS. But it is true that we normally don't use a lot of ram.
well i opted for 8 gig cause i run a full game of WoW . while raiding i often open a wideo on the second monitor such as an instrutional video for the particular fight i am working on
ok i have revamped the list of parts for my new pc and i no longer need a graphics card i just got a new sapphire 6870in a trade ....
1) 160.00 us Corsair Graphite Series 600T
2) 160.00 us Acer S231HLbid Black 23" 5ms HDMI LED-Backlight LCD monitor Slim Design
3) 21.00 us LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache
3) 90.00 us CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
4) 50.00 us Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3B1K2/4GX
5) 133.00 us MSI P67A-G45 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
6) 225.00 us intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
7) 97.00 us CORSAIR Hydro H70 CWCH70 120mm High Performance CPU Cooler
with shipping the price comes to 960.57 us
have not decided to go with a ssd boot drive or a sata 6gps standard drive i am on a budget but want quality parts at the same time any comments or suggestions are welcome
Copyright 2016 © Godem Online Inc. | Web and server solutions by NewTech Solutions.