HIS Radeon HD 6770 1GB DDR5... no video

7 replies [Last post]
azndork213
azndork213's picture

I have an issue with a new graphics card that I have bought today. My old graphics card, dual 8800 Ultra Superclock worked fine, but after uninstalling the drivers and installing the HD 6770 there was no sign of video. I also tried installing it on another computer that has an ATI onboard graphics but that still didn't work. If there is a solution out there, I would like to hear it! Thank you very much!

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, Athlon 64 FX-60, G.Skill 2x 1GB PC3200 DDR, 2x 8800 Ultra Superclock, WD 1TB RE4 7200rpm w/64MB cache, Asus 24x CD/DVD, Corsair 800W GSeries, Antec Nine Hundred II V3, WinXP 32-bit

marijanovic
marijanovic's picture

Do you use a monitor with a analog VGA (15-pin D-sub)connector?
if you do, perhaps your card's DVI is a DVI-D instead of DVI-I and your DVI to VGA adapter has nothing to forward from your pc to your monitor...

[center]My YT chanel | My PC | My Laptop | Mob: Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830

3dGameMan
3dGameMan's picture

You could try installing your old card and then using Driver Sweeper. But be aware that sometimes Driver Sweeper can cause more issue. I've had to use Driver Sweeper is the past and it worked. Also, could try CCleaner.

Rodney Reynolds,
Register: http://www.3dgameman.com/user/register

azndork213
azndork213's picture

I do use an analog VGA, I have two of the DVI to VGA adapters and both of them wouldn't work. I exchanged it for another one thinking that it was a defected card. But I also did some research, and since my board is a socket 939, couple people have been getting the same issue. So I'm not 100% if it is just the mobo compatibility or what not. My motherboard is an Asus A8n320-sli deluxe.

azndork213
azndork213's picture

I'll have to try that solution out Rodney, hopefully it will work. I'll keep you posted.

azndork213
azndork213's picture

Just an update marijanovic, I checked the dvi adapter is a dvi-d and the cards dvi is also dvi-d. My monitor is VGA and DVI-I but I have no adapter to the dvi-i.

EDIT: sorry I had dvi-d and dvi-i mixed up.

marijanovic
marijanovic's picture

If you want to connect your monitor and graphic card using VGA you shoud connect the DVI-I to VGA adapter to the card's DVI-I.

It would be best to connect your monitor and card using only DVI. LCD monitors are digital and Analog-digital conversion causes a degradation of the image quality.

Did you update your motheboards bios? Try that first.

azndork213
azndork213's picture

I'm just going to return it and get my money back, it was on sale anyways so I thought I would give it a go. But the tech I talked to said it could have been anything. I bought a DVI-I cable for the monitor to graphics and that didn't work nor did updating bios. But thank you for helping me out, I learned quite a few things about DVI-I, DVI-D, VGA cables =)