Here comes the disapointing 650Ti.....

9 replies [Last post]
thedarkfade

Hello again my fellow beloved geeks,

OMG, I really dunno why they have this out, it's just useless (in my opinion), and it's already almost end of the year.

However,the card in this review really amazed me because of its baby-sized board:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-650-ti-benchmark-gk106,3318.html

On the other hand, there is a ASUS Direct CU II (http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_650_Ti_Direct_Cu_II/32.html)which is almost 11 inches long, which only cools the card 8C (to 49 @ load +OC) lower than the baby card I just mentioned, I think there's not much use of it cause 57C is really not a very high temp compared to the higher-end cards.

Anyways, What's you guy's opinion on this card's release?

My Build:
Case: Xigmatek Asgard Pro Black Edition Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme 4
CPU: Intel 3rd Generation i5-3570 @ 4.2 Ghz Graphics Card: Asus HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5
RAM: Adata 4GB DDR3 1333 X 2

thedarkfade

Hello Mr ASUS, here is a MSI card that's only 3C hotter than u, why the heck do you have to make it that LONG?

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_650_Ti_Power_Edition/32.html

LOL.

Malevolence2012

Get a GTX 660 Ti instead!

Prophet4NO1

The 50 cards are always slow. Always have been. The real gaming cards are the 60's and up with nVidia.

thedarkfade

Can't agree more. However, they have even more less capable cards below the 50, can't understand why.

Prophet4NO1

For the non gaming market. Most lower cards are used in HTPC's or replacing cards in older PC's. Some are only around to give people multi monitor ability. Plus with Excel and parts of Win8 dumping stuff to the GPU, it will make a new machine feel a bit faster for little cash.

thedarkfade

... I think putting the money on the cpu and motherboard will also do the job, need not to waste the PCIe slot.

Prophet4NO1

Well, one example is the demo AMD did at my store a few weeks back to show us the new APU chips. They had a giant Excel spreadsheet that took an i5 rig we had just over a minute to open it. The cheap ass little APU A6 chip opened it in 20 seconds. Because the GPU on it could to the work faster than the i5. It was crazy. It's not all about CPU anymore. In fact, in some cases big CPU and no GPU will be slower a more balanced setup.

thedarkfade

Then, why not just go get a APU system? If you are really that kind of costumers. =.=

Prophet4NO1

But if you have an old machine a $40 card is better than a whole new machine. You see, these cheap cards are not intended for gamers, like I said. I sell them all the time at work for various non gaming related needs. I'm sorry you have a hard time understanding that not every customer that needs a card is not a gamer. In a few years they may not be needed as much, but for now they still are needed. For some customers.

And as far as the APU goes, you can still add a $60-70 card and Crossfire the on chip GPU and the card together and get performance better than some of the $150 cards for gaming. So, it makes a good cheap gaming solution, if you are not playing games like BF3.