HD 5750 problem (bios flash)

7 replies [Last post]
Razz0r
Razz0r's picture

Hi everyone i have a problem with a Sapphire HD 5750 Vapor-x , until today the card was used with a HD 6770 bios and i worked fine (no problems) , but i wanted to sell the card and i tried to flash it agin with the original bios and i started flashing it with atiflash , the flash went well no errors , and after restart i wasn't getting signal from the video card, and i said to myself : something didn't went well , and i'll use the old trick with the onboard video card set as primary to fix it , so i booted up to my usb stick and i typed the command : atiflash -f -p 0 bios.rom , and i got the error Adapter not found , then i tried atiflash -i and i got the same error , i think i might corrupted or something like that the video card bios chip , and i searched on google about this error (Adapter not found) and saw on a forum that this error means i bricked the card , and read someone had the same problem and for him the commands atiflash -ai 0 -scansii , -amtel ,-sst worked but for me not i was still getting that error .
Is there any method to fix this problem ? And i still have warranty on it is there any chance to they will fix it or give me a good one?

spawnkiller
spawnkiller's picture

Have you tried to reflash it with the 6770 bios (maybe the stock rom is corrupted...)
Physically unninstall the 5750, Start with onboard GPU, reboot then reinstall the 5750 in his slot...
Also, i had same problem with a 3850 and Clear CMOS was enough to reflash it (basically just cut the power to reset all maybe working too)

In command line, run atiwinflash -unlockrom 0 followed by atiwinflash -f -p 0 bios.bin/rom

Found that: http://www.overclock.net/t/593427/how-to-unbrick-your-bricked-graphics-card-fix-a-failed-bios-flash#post12185153 Also, i precise that you do that to your own risk and in last manipulation ONLY...

I also had flash a 5750 but to a 5770 bios and returning to 5750 was easy, but i had save the real bios, not one on GPU-Z database per example... (for info: wasn't a vapor-x edition)

is that 1gb or 512mb version of that card you have, cause they have different bios...

For warranty, i really doubt that they will fix that for you as it's probaly not an invisible mods... that leaves some trace of CMOS write/erase so i think they will see that this card had failed because of a wrong flash but you always could try, don't know sapphire policy, maybe they wouldn't see it and replace/repair it...

Gaming PC: MSI Z77A-G45 ::: Intel Core I7 3770k @ 4.83Ghz ::: EVGA GTX680SC Signature ~1300mhz Boost/7122mhz ram ::: 16GB 4*4gb G.Skill 2240mhz CL10 ::: ASUS Xonar DX ::: Crucial M4 128gb (windows) + Intel 330 180gb (Steam games) + 1TB Caviar Black (storage) ::: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold M1000 ::: Antec P280 ::: Noctua NHU12P SE2 ::: ASUS VE247H ::: Logitech G510 ::: Cooler Master Storm Sentinel II ::: Logitech X530 ::: Steelseries Siberia V-2 Black & gold edition

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

hellblazer55
hellblazer55's picture

For the Warranty, it was voided when you flashed it and ceased to work, so sending it back is no longer a option.

Rig| Coolermaster HAF X NVIDIA Edition | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AMD AM3+ TUF Motherboard | AMD Phenom II 1100T Black Edition Six Core Processor -OC 4.23GHz | G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3 1866 8GB | Corsair Neutron GTX Series 2.5" Solid State Drive - 120GB | Western Digital Caviar Black Hard Drive - 1.0 TB x 2 | ASUS Blue Ray & DVD Multi | EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Superclocked Video Card - 2GB | Corsair Hydro H100 CPU Liquid Cooler | Corsair Professional HX1000W

eire1274
eire1274's picture

If the card no longer responds at all, the only option is a manual BIOS flash, which pretty much has to be done at the manufacturer's repair center. And you'll be stuck paying for it.

Nick McDermott

Razz0r
Razz0r's picture

I tried everything i could , but without results all i was getting was : Adapter not found . And i also noticed a weird thing , if i have the card plugget in and the onboard is the primary my pc takes alot to go in to the bios screen (about 30 sec) or to boot up on usb stick ( i tried all of this on a gigabyte g31m-es2l ) . On my asus p5q premium is more weird i set a hd 4550 set as primary and the hd 5750 as secondary and after i turn my pc on its shuts off after about 5 seconds and after i remove the hd 5750 everything works. My doubt is mabye the bios chip is really fried (or something on the card) not corrupted or something like that .
Anyway i'll try with the warranty , maybe i'll be lucky . Thanks to everyone who tried to help me.

And yes this is the 1GB version and i had the original bios from the card (i took it befored to flash it).

matacks
matacks's picture

Maybe you could try to flash the bios again with something else?

http://www.techpowerup.com/rbe/

I should state that doing the kind of stuff you guys are talking about really goes way outside my territory of messing with stuff.. so I have no idea if that utilty will work.

Razz0r
Razz0r's picture

The card does not responds at any command ,all i was getting was "Adapter not found" is like i don't have a card there. Anyway i already sent it to the warranty .

Razz0r
Razz0r's picture

Good news , they gave me the money back , all 120$.