a mate and i are building 2 gaming rigs as follows:
PROCESSOR: Intel i7 930 (for me) AMD Phenom II X6 1055T (for him)
CASE: ANTEC 200 Gaming Case
HDD: WESTERN DIGITAL 1T Caviar Black 64mb
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) 3 x 2GB
FAN: ANTEC 120 MM x3
HEATSINK: Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme REVC or Coolit ECO ALC
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Rampage II GENE (for me) MSI890GXM-G65 (for him)
POWER SUPPLY: Antec TP Quattro 1000W
DVD DRIVE: ASUS IDED LIGHT SCRIBE RETAIL
SOUNDCARD: CREATIVE XTREME AUDIO
GRAPHICS CARD: ATI RADEON 5770 Vapour X
our budget is about $1500 AU
is there anything we could change about the rigs to make them betteR?
1. The amd x6 is not a gaming CPU. It is a lot worse than a 965/55 for games while costing more. I would axe it.
2. Do you need the fans? See how the stock cooling is and maybe add 1-2. You don't want a hairdryer for a computer.
3. Axe the heatsink in favor of a Corsair h-50. It is quiet, cheap, and significantly outperforms all air coolers.
4. I have the GENE, It is a very nice board but if I was to get a MB nowadays I would opt for one with USB 3.0 and SATA 6. Browse through some new EVGA boards and i'm sure you will fine something nice.
5. 1000W is WAYYY overkill. Try 600-700W to save some cash.
2. yeah we do i think...
3. the h50 beats the ECO...really? from what ive read its the other way rounD!
4. fair enough. ill get a rampage III extreme
5. we are building for the future so we dont have to buy a new one later.
Everything I see here is good enough. I don't like the Antec TP Quattro 1000W. I sold one of those to a forum member and later it died on him and he did an RMA.
You also don't need that much power.
1. Yepo-Corsair is the BEST price/performance cpu heatsink right now if you get one for $70. (excluding stock)
2. Yepo in the future even if you SLI or CF 750W is plenty.
1. hmm ok then....
2. wat do u think about the ENERMAX REVOLUTION?
Enermax are typically ok PSU's. I would feel fine getting one as long as it has a good warranty.
Enermax is good, but these Corsairs are better because they are single rails.
how does a true black cpu cooler compare to a cm v8? wats better?
could have not said it better my self :D
Neither-both are big and expensive while an h50 owns them for like $20 more by a large margin.
1. will the h50 fit in out case and with the stuff we have?
2. what if we want air cooling? wats better..the true or v8?
Yep a corsair would feet nicely but a v8 might actually barely fit.
A v8 is better than a true but still advise corsair
Copyright 2015 © Godem Online Inc. | Web and server solutions by NewTech Solutions.