Fermi GF100 gets a name ? GTX 480 and GTX 470

5 replies [Last post]
elektromixer

It's official! nVidia have announced the new GF100 GPU will be called the GeForce GTX 480 and GeForce GTX 470. This was announced on the Nvidia Facebook page, but typically being Nvidia, no specifications, power consumption figures or release dates were announced. Many people believe that the cards will be released at the end of February or the beginning of March. As most of you who have been following the developments know that ATI's DX11 cards have been released already and nVidia's cards are nowhere to be seen. Since nVidea have had a LOT more time, I am expecting their cards to be a lot better than ATIs. I am pretty confident that nVidia WILL deliver as always, but the only thing that worries me are their prices, which always tend to be higher for nVidia. I was going to get the GTX 285 for my core i5 build in march, but now i decided to wait and see what their new cards will be like. Pricing/Performance. What do you guys know/think about the new cards? Are there any of you who are waiting for these cards?

Vortex88

Lol, I really don't know much about the cards. I'm just waiting for them to come out so that the ATI Cards' prices will drop. That way I can hopefully go out and get a Radeon HD 5870 for less than $400.

undeadkingpr
undeadkingpr's picture

Yes competetion is GOOD THING! I am waiting 2!

@University rig-Haf 922-i7 920- ASUS GENE MB- 6gb OCZ ddr3 1600-GTS 250- Acer 23'-ocz 700w psu-Altec expressionist bass speakers-LG dvd multi drive-Rosewill media reader

Hilmar

Damn i want nvidia to release now! ATI looks great, i just wanna see some price drops.

meroswarrior

Definately waiting for ATI price drops too! And what happened to GTX 300 series? o_o skipped a generation?

Tiv
Tiv's picture

Nvidia has released all sorts of misleading information in 2009 and 2010. Don't count on anything they say until you see it in our reviews and benchmarks. Their CEO's have ticked off alot of people and in doing such have alienated themselves. Everything you hear now is an act of denial that they have lost touch with the world. Nvidia is clearly far behind and by the time they release a DX11 card ATI will have their 2nd revision of cards gaining the advantage for the remainder of the year.

Yes, we do need competition, but the markets are not favorable with so many people losing jobs. This is a time for being innovative with what we have now and making the best of it. Certainly buying 4 video cards to play a video game is hardly my idea of pushing forward in hard economical times. And if you think this is not the case then why is Microsoft not making select games for the PC and in only in favor of the Xbox? Does the PC hardware, that which made Microsoft what it is today selling windows not matter? Clearly it is a sign of a struggling market, but it could be that Microsoft has entered their peak of return in capitalization in the gamers market. Perhaps this could be the end of our time, but at least I'm glad to have been here for the ride.

I sleep fine at night knowing we are banning people who deserve it.  Tivon
Don't test my skills, I was trained by myself! Check out my Gaming Videos!