Does H100 fits in my case?

19 replies [Last post]
thedarkfade

Hey geeks,

as title, will the H100 fit in my Xigmatek Asgard Pro Black Edition case? Cause I am intending to buy a H100?

Thank you.

My Build:
Case: Xigmatek Asgard Pro Black Edition Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme 4
CPU: Intel 3rd Generation i5-3570 @ 4.2 Ghz Graphics Card: Asus HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5
RAM: Adata 4GB DDR3 1333 X 2

eire1274
eire1274's picture

Yes, it will fit. The top fan bay would be the best, for exhaust.

However, Corsair recommends cool air from outside be drawn in and blown through the radiator, to the top wouldn't be the best spot for that. The front bay would work best for that, but it due to the tubing it would have to be mounted inside the case rather than outside, and I don't think you can remove the lower drive bays, so that isn't likely to work. The side panel isn't recommended, too much chance of splitting a tube when taking the side off.

Good luck!

ADDED: top mounting is fine, as long as you have lots of input air. Fill the front and side fan bays with good fans taking air in, and the watercooler will work well exhausting from the top. Also consider the ThermalTake Water2.0 cooler. It is the same size, but the radiator is thicker and cools a bit better.

Nick McDermott

thedarkfade

I fear the radiator plus fans will have conflict with my MB, won't it?

eire1274
eire1274's picture

Looking at the case design, your motherboard won't conflict, unless you are doing a push/pull build with 4 fans. With the H100 mounted to directly to the case top, with 2 fans below pushing air up, it will come close but still fit. With 4 fans, you will be interfering with the memory sockets if your DIMMs are tall.

Nick McDermott

Manic Mouse
Manic Mouse's picture

I have an H100 mounted to the top with 120mm Panaflow Ultras pushing outside air across the rad and into the case (top intake). The front 140mm low speed fan also pulls in outside air to blow across the drives and video. The rear (120mm) and side panel (200mm) fans exhaust.

While my case is not a Xigmatek Asgard Pro, the airflow principles are the same and work well for me.

Mark Baker

Gigabyte Z79X-UD5H, Intel i7 4790K @4.4Ghz (stock speed), 32gb G.Skill RipjawsZ 10-10-10-30 PC3-12800, Sapphire HD 7950 3GB, OCZ Vertex 4, Vertex 3, Intel 510 & Adata SSDs, wrapped in a CoolerMaster HAF XM case

Prophet4NO1

Problem with that setup is that you are cavitating air around the GPU so it will not cool as well. The intake fans on the GPU and the side fan are moving air in opposite directions. This is not good. Even more so in SLI/crossfire configurations. I experimented with this at one point. My CPU temps stayed about the same but my GPUs went up. The top 680 went up almost 10 degrees! So I have gone back to my original configuration. There is a reason every case on the market uses about the same flow pattern. In on the sides and front, out the top and back. It works best.

thedarkfade

sadly, after my measurement, the gap between the top of the case and the MB is less than 30mm, which is definitely not enough for the fans and the radiator to stay in. Too bad...

peter9091

I fear the radiator plus fans will have conflict with my MB, won't it?

D_avi_D

thedarkfade

yes, you're right, and there is no way for me to place the fans or the radiator outside of the case (on top of the case).

eire1274
eire1274's picture

I'm disappointed. By the case specs on-line, it should fit. Have they moved the grills closer to the back (motherboard) side?

Nick McDermott

thedarkfade

I am disappointed too. Actually I think the grids are just centered, instead of moving it outwards (side panel side) like some cases do. Real sad, real sad...

Tivon
Tivon's picture

Just from looking at the pictures of the case I could tell this would not fit after mounting the motherboard. Although you honestly don't need to hide the H100, with a little modding, some nice looking fans and grills, you can mount this on the outside. Perhaps if you really needed it on the inside there could be some space in between the lower HDD rack and the motherboard tray.

° º ¤ ø . ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

Don't test my skills, I was trained by myself! Check out my Gaming Videos!

eire1274
eire1274's picture

Lookint at Tivon's image, yeah, I was wrong. Way too close. You COULD put the radiator on the inside, and the fans on the outside, and that would need little to no modding, but you'd have to find some nice-looking fans. It's the fan+radiator width that got us here. Bummer.

Nick McDermott

Tivon
Tivon's picture

I wouldn't feel bad about anything like this not fitting, we can only make the best decisions based on the information we are given. This happened to me with my current rig and my V8 Cooler Master. I ended up having to remove the side door fan because it was so massive. A lot of us don't have the money or time to return things until we get them perfect and just end up dealing with it. Now that I think about it, my rig has alot of size issues. I have to run the CPU power cable under the cards because it can't reach. The sound card is blocking my extra ram slots and my other PCI slots are covered by my video cards so I can't move the sound card and the list goes on, just pisses me off.. lol Why can't all of these cool things just work together?

thedarkfade

Modding isn't my thing, plus i don't have the skill or time or tools to do it.
And I think the radiator can't be place between the HDD rack and the MB tray, cause it will interfere with HDDs, so that's not a choice.

Tivon
Tivon's picture

With the Radiator Dim. 122 x 275 x 27 mm, is that enough to fit just the Radiator on the inside and the fans on the outside top? No modding would need to happen, but you will need to buy some screws with the same thread size for the radiator that are also long enough for the added depth from the case sandwiched in the middle. MS Paint below shows the Rad, 2 Fans, Screwes and Fan Grills. When they list 122mm on the Rad I'm only assuming this will fit the 120mm Fans holes of the case.

thedarkfade

Will the fan cables long enough so that it can go into the case? This might fit if the cable is long enough.

Tivon
Tivon's picture

What was I thinking before? sigh.. You would still need some kind of small hole on the top to push the fan cables down into the case. Borrow someones Dremel. Depending on the power cable length, if it's not long enough you can buy a few 12" 3 Pin Fan Power Extension Cables. http://www.pchcables.com/3pinfanpoexc.html

I know you said you are not a modder or have the tools for it. Maybe you need to return the cooler and find something else. I don't personally care for water cooling because I feel they make more noise than large air coolers with 120mm fans. The only water coolers that are worth it are custom ones with larger pumps.

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

thedarkfade

I Really appreciate your help and advise.

I haven't purchase the product yet, like what I said in the first post. If it causes "so much trouble"(IMO) to fit the thing in my case, I would rather not purchase the product, buy something smaller like the h80i, or like what you said, go buy a large air cooler with 120mm fans, which will cause me much less trouble.

Thanks again for you time and help.

eire1274
eire1274's picture

Tivon showed exactly what I was describing. A 7/16" or 12mm drill bit could cut a nice clean hole that would handle the 3-pin KK connector on the fan wires, and most any hardware supply store should have a selection of black silicone split plugs that would hold the wire centered away from the metal, and fill in the extra space. Should look nice and clean. I'd place the holes very near to each other, at the point at the middle (where the fans meet) towards the back of the case (or the side without a window), and then just position the two fans so the wire corners are touching.

Nick McDermott