Dark Knight for AMD Phenom II 965?

7 replies [Last post]
Berserk187

I was wondering if I should buy the Dark Knight  for my new CPU or another cooler in this Price Class

specs(have to buy):     AMD Phenom II 965

Coolermaster 690 Advanced II pure black

ASRock A785 GXH\128M

Corsair 850HX

Thanks for Reply

P.S I need just a yes,no and\or the name of another product

oipluckie

Well there is a cheaper choice, the Cooler Master hyper 212+, and from what I've seen had good reviews only "$20 and up". Unless you are willing to spend $40+ on the dark knight or their newer Xig Balder.

The xiggy's are pretty and flashy and that's what I like about them. CM hyper 212+ a good budget and quality HS but plain. Hope that helps some and maybe look at the 212+ and see how it is before you get the xiggy? I don't know any decent coolers at those prices.

CPU:AMD Phenom II X3 720 3.0Ghz(Xig DK) Case:NZXT Apollo
Motherboard: GA-MA790GPT-UD3H
RAM: A-DATA 4Gb DDR3 1600G @ 1600Mhz
Video Card: EVGA GTX 460 1GB EE

Berserk187

oipluckie  thank you very much already lost hope that no one replies to my question

oipluckie

No problem, glad I could help. Have you decided on what you wanted to get? I would really like to get the xig dark knight or the balder myself, but I wanted to see how much the new Geforce GTS 430-450 cost when they're released. If I don't have enough I'll probably get the CM 212+.

Berserk187

I already looked into it and now its even harder to decide which one to get  get because from performance level they are pretty much equal and now i think also about the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 because its right in the middle of these two(price and Performance) so i am still confused

oipluckie

Well my choice would be, if i had the money then I would go xiggy dark knight or balder. But if I didn't I would likely go CM 212+. LOL sorry I made it even more difficult to pick one. But, I did look up that xigmatek HDT-S1283 as well.

I'm still trying to decide on which one I want too. They all seem like good Heatsink fans, but I think I'm going to end up buying a xiggy since i like the aesthetics of their heatsinks and I don't think you need to add a back plate for an AM2+/AM3 motherboard.

But I think the xiggy heatsink fits only one way unless you mod it, I don't know if you read the thread i started about the positions, but I think your case should be fine since it has a vent up top.

Anyways in the end I think it's all preference. Again I hope that helps.

Berserk187

again thanks for the help in my case it will probably the dark knight as well i mean it cost like 10 bugs more has good performance

that is a bit annoying that it fits on AMD CPUs up\down and  not front\back (hope the 4x1GB Ram fits)

oipluckie

Yea i know right? I was so hoping it could fit either way cause I don't have a vent at the top. I'm glad I was able to help and I think your ram should fit if it doesn't have heatsinks on it.