Crystal Fontz CFA-631 Help with connections to my motherboard? Please.

5 replies [Last post]
Roug_judge365

Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help me to connect my Crystal Fontz CFA-631 to the USB header on my MSI K9A2 Platinum (MS-7376) mother board. I've done a search in Google & haven't come up with much help. I would really appreciate some help please.

Regards.

Tivon
Tivon's picture

Your motherboard or computer case probably came with the USB cables that attach to the mother and into the front of the computer case. It looks like you can plug this Display back around into the rear USB.

Now if you are using something else like this... then I can see the tricky part about locating the pin-outs.

Typical USB-Pinouts..

Don't test my skills, I was trained by myself! Check out my Gaming Videos!

Roug_judge365

Hi,
Thanks foe the reply. I only have the cable that connects to the motherboard & this is my preferred method to connect my device. I'm not a great tech person & I need advice as to what pins on the mobo I need to connect to the three wires on the lead from the crystal Fontz.

I'm attaching a picture diagram of my mobo & maybe someone can point me to the right pins for each wire.

Many thanks.

MSI.jpg
Tivon
Tivon's picture

Look at JUSB1, JUSB2 or JUSB3. Do you see how they have 5 pins in a row on top, 4 pins on the bottom side and one missing pin to the right? Now just match your connector to match this image below.. +5, -D, +D, GND.. ignore that 5th pin to the right on top. You can use either the top 4 or bottom 4 pin-outs. Each of these USB motherboard header pin-outs support 2 USB devices and it looks like your device only needs to use one.

Roug_judge365

Hi Tivon,
Thanks very much. I'll post to let you know how I get on. I'm re-casing my PC in a couple of days.
Much appreciated.

Roug_judge365

Hi Tivon,
I would just like to thank you again for your help. It's been a while since I last posted here but I've finally got around to wiring my Crystalfontz & thanks to your help it's working.

Regards,

Rod.