CrossfireX AMD 6950 on Battlefield 3 (ultra) not working good...

9 replies [Last post]
scorpi_be

he guys, i wanted to set a quick post for the cfx 6950

well i do have a little problem with Battlefield 3 on ultra with those cards, its shows it runs above 50fps, so there should be no problem?
now i'm running high atm..
runs great at 70/80 fps
crysis 2 on ultra runs great

maybe some driver issues?
btw quick system specs:
amd phenom 2 1090t
8gb kingston hyperx 1600 ddr3
asus crosshair formula V
2x asus 6950 directcu 2 (1gb)
and psu is 800watts (corsair gs800) so that could not be any problem for these cards...

edit: problem is some weird lagg on Batllefield 3

Im just a gamer who likes to build computers...

Tivon
Tivon's picture

The frame rates are capped on some servers. Something they did in the last patch killed the speed, but fixed the crashing. Try the 11.11a, 11.11b drivers with and without CAP. When I say CAP, what I mean to say is update your Catalyst Application Profiles.

° º ¤ ø . ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

Don't test my skills, I was trained by myself! Check out my Gaming Videos!

Earnhardt

for my 6950 crossfire setup,this is what works for me,settings wise:
Game runs smooth with these settings.

using 11.12 drivers and 11.11 cap 3(havent updated yet as these work fine)

bf3 settings.jpg
scorpi_be

Tivon wrote:The frame rates are capped on some servers. Something they did in the last patch killed the speed, but fixed the crashing. Try the 11.11a, 11.11b drivers with and without CAP. When I say CAP, what I mean to say is update your Catalyst Application Profiles.
well i downloaded the latest cap profile just for crossfire, i dont know how that is just all together

scorpi_be

well i downloaded the latest cap profile just for crossfire, i just dont know so very well working with crossfire, in a older version there was already crossfire on it, no special download needed, than why this one?

scorpi_be

i tested the software, but doesn work for me :s
and i downloaded the latest cap profile's from the amd site

Earnhardt

Ok,try this.
1-uninstall ccc and caps using add/remove programs from control panel.shut down.
2-remove second card,restart
3-install latest ccc and caps,shut down.
4-install second card and start.

also.you may want to install the latest drivers/caps from your manufactures website only.

caps where always part of ccc,however you only had 1 update a month,by seperating the caps fromm ccc,they update the caps more often,(several a month)

Tivon
Tivon's picture

When you say you're getting some kind of weird lag. Are you talking about frame rate issues or network lag?

scorpi_be

frame rates are fine, fraps shows more than 50fps in multiplayer
and no networks problems with battlefield, never had...

Tivon
Tivon's picture

I've ran into similar problems with this game when selecting settings in the user.cfg file. Even with high frame rates I was getting some lag spikes. Perhaps there is an issue with the BF3 game editor that you are using above.