Crossfire 6850 Overclocking Issues

4 replies [Last post]
Fredo2012

Hello, I've just recently purchased my second Sapphire 6850 card to setup crossfire. I can freely use Overdrive to overclock the individual cards but what fun is that, the max core clock Overdrive limits you to is 850. I've tried using both Afterburner as well as Sapphire Trixx to overclock but it seems whenever I go past a certain limit (possibly Overdrive's 850) then my 2nd card, (GPU #2) is forced to that overclock and runs at 99% load constantly even at idle state. It turns out that way no matter what program I use, I debated on flashing the cards to a newer bios but I'm afraid to do so for warranty's sake. I'm not sure if it would help, can someone please tell me if this is a known CCC driver issue or something? I really was hoping to at least get past 900mhz core and 1150 memory...whatever 1.2 volts can give me.

Also, I thought I'd mention, when I overclocked with both Afterburner and Trixx I had Overdrive disabled in CCC so there can't be conflicts, I've tried everything :(. I would love for Rodney to respond too because he kicks ass, even if he just says hello.

Thank you guys

marijanovic
marijanovic's picture

It's a common AMD Catalyst driver issue.

[center]My YT chanel | My PC | My Laptop | Mob: Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830

Fredo2012

Ok, thanks...I will just wait until the problem in the drivers is fixed, until then I'll have to put up with 850mhz core in xfire.

HooKnows
HooKnows's picture

Was this issue ever fixed in patches? I'm looking into getting a second 6850 for my setup and definately want to skirt the 900mhz margin as well with both.

Prophet4NO1

This is one of the many issues with AMD xfire. It's pretty broken. Some games wont work or drop in performance. If you use eyefinity the issues compound. It's just part of buying AMD. You are better off getting a faster single card. AMD/ATI has always had driver issues.