So...when the ATi 4850 came out I got it for like $180 and it was a steal.
I had to replace that one with a refurbished one from visiontek a while back because of problems with it.
Anyway, I've been having "colored lines/dots" issue again with this card and I have a feeling it is going to kick the bucket again.
I had always looked at the 5850 and from what I heard it was kickass and like twice as fast as my 4850 but it was $300.
Today, I thought I was seeing things. I didn't know that the 6000 series came out. I haven't been following the technology world lately so I have a few questions for those of you that have been.
1. Am I seeing this!!! ATi 6850 for $180?? I remember the 4850 going up in price after I bought it for $180. Do I need to buy it now?
2. Is there a percentage for how much faster the 6850 is over the 5850 and 4850?
3. Is the 6870 worth the extra $60?
4. I have my specs below I believe in a signature. Would my cpu bottleneck it? Would I just notice a great performance boost form upgrading?
5. I don't care whether I get an ATi card or Nvidia. Does Nvidia have anything comparable out now or are they still behind?
The 6850 is slightly less powerful than the 5850 actually. The 6000 series is more about efficiency than upping the power. The 6970 will be a different story, though. However, in its price range the 6850 is a good buy.
NVidia's best offering right now as far as price/performance is the GTX 460, which I use right now and it works great. It also uses less power and produces much less heat than the rest of the GTX 400 line. I would imagine it's comparable to the 6850 in power.
You have a very similar build to mine. I don't think you'll need to worry too much considering the resolution you use for gaming. The proc should not be the bottleneck in that setup.
Copyright 2016 © Godem Online Inc. | Web and server solutions by NewTech Solutions.