2013 PC Enclosures (Updated - CoolerMaster)

No replies
Mordeux
Mordeux's picture

COOLERMASTER

CoolerMaster seems to be focused on putting out quality products at relatively low prices. The Centurion 6 case comes with a front aluminum bezel and is currently priced ~ $70 (US).

InWIN

This case will retail for $400 (US). It is InWin's attempt at a fully user-built model (think Antec LanBoy) without as much customization. This case could turn into a modder's dream being that it is essentially a full skeleton.

What they do not tell you is that you will be required to purchase an air compressor to keep all the dust off your internal components.

SILVERSTONE

Does anyone else find it interesting that he says Aluminum rather than Aluminium? I like dust-filtering cases. Silverstone is the only company really trying to make headway on that feature. I feel that they've introduced a solid line-up for 2013.

LIAN-LI

Lian-Li has been making quality aluminum cases since I destroyed my first motherboard back in 1993.

*Moment of Silence*

I just realized I'm getting older.

After thorough going through some of their new 2013 case manuals, I have to say I'm disappointed. The PCV850 was the only case that intrigued me. The motherboard rails act as a semi-removable motherboard tray. In the past, Lian-Li has used a rear pull out method for their removable tray. The PCV850 also has a hefty amount of side cooling. It isn't anything new, but I liked it.

X-Mas 2012 (most of it):
Coolermaster CM Storm || SeaSonic SS-660XP || ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM || Intel Core i7-3770K || 16 Gigabytes Corsair-Veng. || eVGA GTX 560ti || Audigy 2 ZS Platinum || 240GB Intel 520/ 2TB Samsung HDD || Liteon Blu-ray || Logitech G700 || Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 || 20.1" NEC WMGX^2 || Onkyo TX-SR702 Receiver (with Bowers & Wilkins Speakers) || Sennheiser HD600 Headphones