I just bought avp for pc. The second I hit adjust brightness it reverted to a very dark setting and even when I cranked it all the way up it was still well below the initial setting. I am finding in some forums that people with similar setups (GTX280 and Win7 64bit) are having the same exact issue. I have also read that some of them are having to run in DX 9 to be able to see the game.
Let's make a pro-con list
- None so far, I have not played the game yet
- Well to be fair the menu was kinda pretty
- Steam, steam, and steam
- **Game is un playable
- Can be played in DX9 (if u are lucky), problem is I have payed so much money to be able to run high end games at a great setting why the hek would I want to play in an older programming language that will make an already not so great looking game even worse
- I feel like I just wasted 54.75 on a game that could have been spent on a far superior full-priced game
- Should not be a 49.99 dollar game even if it does actually work
I know it seems like I am ranting but, everything I am saying is very true (yes Ima be arrogant and say my opinions are right too)
For the love of all things good in this world.......Do not ask me if my drivers are up to date. (That is another thing I love when you submit a support ticket that takes 48+ hours to get a response and the first one is "Are your drivers up to date?")
Nvidia problems... Go figure.
Update.....Reinstalled the game and did not touch the brightness settings and so far they have not gone to the dark side.
I did some reading on this and you did the right thing. Don't touch the brightness controls! lol :P
So, can you play the game now?
whats so bad about steam? i think its pretty good :P
i have ordered this so long as i don't touch brightness controls it will work fine on my dx11 5770
Yes, I can play the game now. I still cannot adjust the brightness and I am running my monitors native brightness a lil higher than normal. It seems to be a problem exclusive to the 280 users thus far.
New pros cons list
- Game is fun to play
- Character detail is nifty
- Can be scarey with lights off
- Still can't adjust brightness
- Environment isn't on par with character quality
- Melee combat is a little broken(especially for aliens) but still fun
All in all worthwhile so far. I still don't think this should be a full priced game (especially when games like Mass Effect 2 were just launched. I can't help but agree with RR in one of his videos saying game developers in general need to reconsider charging $50-60.
Also, if you like steam then you have something I am envious of becuase I have no choice in using it. One of my bigger problems with steam, other than ruining cs(which I won't go into), is offline mode bugs that stop me from playing games on my laptop when there are no internets.
Copyright 2014 © Godem Online Inc. | Web and server solutions by NewTech Solutions.