GTX 460 Sale

13 replies [Last post]
EL_Gato
EL_Gato's picture

Sale Void because of spam.

When people lose sight, they pray for better vision. Even though the path of ignorance was their choice, they believe it to be an outer entity like karma or bad luck - in thus believing an outer cause will cure it. You want change? Stop throwing dirt in your eyes to attain mercy for looking weak.

Easonfansee

169 is a bit expensive, i think i saw on the tigerdirect canada that EVGA 460 was on sale for 120 dollars only... and it was 1gb

EL_Gato
EL_Gato's picture

Prices that low are with Mail in Rebates and rare, I was hoping for an offer but I'll cut the price down to $125 per EVGA without shipping.

eire1274
eire1274's picture

Having gone over Newegg, I'm seeing 1Gb GTX 460's for around $120, shipped (after $40 mail in rebate). Granted, that's on the US side. But for used cards, you won't sell them at that price.

Sorry.

Nick McDermott

bjbj4me

I will take the Palit 1GB for $75 shipping included.

EL_Gato
EL_Gato's picture

Newegg.com average price is still $189.99, The lowest price is $159.99, rebates don't stand in a haggle first off. Second off, commenting just for the sake oh saying "too expensive." is just an opinion and if your not shopping then what does it matter to you. Re-certified cards goes for $139, if you get a used card and don't like it just register it. Used cards have sold for more than ebay, so your pretty full of sh*t.

@bjbj4me you can buy the cooler for $75.

lali
lali's picture

I think it would be better if you sell it within your city or on ebay/craigslist. To be realistic, you can sell it to an uneducated gamer who plays nothing but cod. You can even charge an installation fee if you want. The world is your oyster.

Gentlemen.

bjbj4me

First off you should look elsewhere other than newegg because Microcenter has the EVGA 1GB gtx 460 for $159.00 and then $119.00 after rebate for a brand new card.

Easonfansee

like i mean, just b ecause newegg is expensive... doesnt mean other places r selling at that high price also... and as consumers... we wont buy the expensive stuff unless we r dumb.... there are so many places out there that are selling 460s for so low right now like tigerdirect, NCIX, and canada computers. Newegg used to be cheap, but not anymore, u gotta be more updated with these technology pricing man

eire1274
eire1274's picture

I grabbed Newegg as a known and trusted price supplier, not the cheapest price.

Portatech has the EVGA GTX 460 1Gb for $148.95... wait, that's only $1.04 cheaper than Newegg. Both qualify for rebates. Hmmmm... Newegg is so much more expensive, huh?

Nick McDermott

Easonfansee

eire1274 wrote:I grabbed Newegg as a known and trusted price supplier, not the cheapest price.

Portatech has the EVGA GTX 460 1Gb for $148.95... wait, that's only $1.04 cheaper than Newegg. Both qualify for rebates. Hmmmm... Newegg is so much more expensive, huh?
im not even talking to you, and im saying newegg is usually more expensive than other places nowadays, there are much better choices for consumers to make instead of buying used cards like this for more than the original

eire1274
eire1274's picture

No worries, I didn't take it as an attack.

I've had many other "super-price" dealers happily take my money and then sit for a week or two because they were out of the item was out of stock, and they didn't bother to tell me when I ordered. Getting a refund can be a nightmare!

The only reason I am still attached to Newegg personally is that they still believe in customer service! I'll spend a little extra for that.

Nick McDermott

EL_Gato
EL_Gato's picture

I think you're missing the point, people who have no advisable point to comment on a sales ad other to question the price but have no desire for purchasing are what the new kids today call "trolling." I've bought things at realistic price here, when I saw offers here, I never once told people "Look your price is stupid, you should give it to me for free." The first time, I took the idea of making a more reasonable price. The second time was just plain rude and the third time is just moronic. Spamming the shit out of my post with this non-sense is just flaming and ruins the idea of actually making a sale, jerks.

eire1274
eire1274's picture

No, I don't think you understand. I've been with Rodney and 3dGameman for 8 years. Overall, I have one of the highest post counts of anybody, short of a few others. I know the rules, and I also know tech. I place my information first so some other user doesn't in trouble for swearing at you for overcharging, and second as a warning to others not to buy USED PARTS WITH NO WARRANTIES when the same money will get them a new part. If you MUST HAVE THAT PRICE on your items, please place them on auction sites like eBay or Craigslist where the price stands and hope somebody agrees to buy them.

There was no spam as I was commenting directly on the subject in question.

If you have an issue with what I've done, contact Tivon, as he admins this board, or contact Rodney. And I think you will be quite surprised the result.

Oh, and finally, swearing, even by adding an asterisk, is still a violation of forum rules and can get you banned. I recommend that you edit your post before it is reviewed. Please read the rules again: http://www.3dgameman.com/forum/comments/please-read-posting

Nick McDermott